ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I went for a ride yesterday.... the temp was in the mid 30's. Rode a few miles of dirt roads and stopped at the house to get something inside. The engine was fully warmed up after riding a few miles at around 35 mph.

I stopped and left the engine running, and after a few seconds I noticed that the idle speed was varying up and down. Not a huge amount, but very noticeable. Has anyone else noticed this happening? I hadn't noticed it until yesterday.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I went for a ride yesterday.... the temp was in the mid 30's. Rode a few miles of dirt roads and stopped at the house to get something inside. The engine was fully warmed up after riding a few miles at around 35 mph.

I stopped and left the engine running, and after a few seconds I noticed that the idle speed was varying up and down. Not a huge amount, but very noticeable. Has anyone else noticed this happening? I hadn't noticed it until yesterday.
It could be old gas.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
It could be old gas.
I hadn't considered that, since I just bought the gas a week ago - but bad gas is a very real possibility. I'll keep an eye on it. I don't have much left in the tank, so I will run it out and fill up with some fresh gas and hopefully it will clear itself up...

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I hadn't considered that, since I just bought the gas a week ago - but bad gas is a very real possibility. I'll keep an eye on it. I don't have much left in the tank, so I will run it out and fill up with some fresh gas and hopefully it will clear itself up...
You may want to put a little Sea Foam or Sta-Bil in the tank also to eliminate any crud that may have developed over the winter.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
You may want to put a little Sea Foam or Sta-Bil in the tank also to eliminate any crud that may have developed over the winter.

I've only had it for about 10 days... Has about 120 miles in that time.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
went for a ride last night, and I didn't notice the idle going up and down... maybe it worked itself out, or it was the cold weather causing it... Hopefully the issue doesn't return.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
gas don't go bad....
in a week

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!