Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I thought there was a thread for this, couldn't find one. Any way I helped a friend install a power steering unit from Super ATV a couple of days ago, the unit fit is great, some instructions were missing, but we never read instructions anyways! Made a huge difference in the 700 drivability. Get a big bottle of patience and 5 beers apiece and done!

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I thought there was a thread for this, couldn't find one. Any way I helped a friend install a power steering unit from Super ATV a couple of days ago, the unit fit is great, some instructions were missing, but we never read instructions anyways! Made a huge difference in the 700 drivability. Get a big bottle of patience and 5 beers apiece and done!
Is this the one you installed...
IMG 3506
I am about to buy this myself... but have not done any homework yet...

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Is this the one you installed...View attachment 63530 I am about to buy this myself... but have not done any homework yet...
Yes and thats a heck of a price. The info on the heat/mud shield modification was a little misleading and a pain to install last. We found leaving pinch bolt lose and out on the steering rack gave you just a little more slack and of course the Honda battery connections were a pain, fold a zip tie and shove it under the female connection to hold it up before removing bolts. Very nice unit!

Reactions: swsebek
swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
My wife and Daughter are driving it a lot and on some off camber hills it's just to much for them.
I want them to be able to steer better... plus I watched the video "The Don"did and he had that steering ball on his... Right now that thing would bust my paws off in 4w lock...But with power steering maybe not...

Reactions: Deluxe700
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My wife and Daughter are driving it a lot and on some off camber hills it's just to much for them.
I want them to be able to steer better... plus I watched the video "The Don"did and he had that steering ball on his... Right now that thing would bust my paws off in 4w lock...But with power steering maybe not...
My buddy says he should have never loaded it on the trailer without EPS from the dealer.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
you don't have pwr steering yet? makes a huge difference with a spinner attached to the steering wheel especially when plowing/ maneuvering in tight quarters. My wife loves the power steering and I have a shredded lawn to prove it lol.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's where I have really noticed the improvement in steering is plowing snow in 4 Lock. Before when I would back up to turn around the locked differential would cause the steering wheel to turn fully and you just couldn't fight it. Now I can plow and turn in four lock with 1 hand. It is definitely worth the $500 it costs. My wife and I installed it under 1 hour but we already power coming up to the front of the rig from the battery. She wasn't to keen on spending that much money, but sitting in the shop, the first turn with 1 finger had her sold.

Reactions: bigbruse
swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
you don't have pwr steering yet? makes a huge difference with a spinner attached to the steering wheel especially when plowing/ maneuvering in tight quarters. My wife loves the power steering and I have a shredded lawn to prove it lol.
No, my funds are always tight. But income tax time is here...it has been 780 dollars and I have been able to turn with little problems....But my daughter got scared and in a bad situation because she could steer it.I accidentally left it in 4 wheel and she was crying. I can't have this:oops: I will have it by the takeover. And it's only 500 bucks now...You guys are the ones that Help convinced me too...When I bought this machine I would of laughed at you if you told me I needed-- a lift,28 inch tires, fox shocks,auxiliary lighting, bed extender,Denali plow and a whole 21x21 garage just to keep it in... hahaha. Power steering is next....:)..... I'm still making my own wind shields:D

Reactions: Tflynn and Mudwing
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Another nice feature is the reduction or shall I say elimination of bump steer. You want to crank your wheel and drive across some ruts? Now you can!

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
I installed this on mine (took about 2hrs working alone). I will never own another machine without power steering. After a nearly broken thumb and wrist (from bump steer) I ordered this kit. We just finished going down the Widow Maker at RRB and while still on the trail I ordered it on my phone Lol. I don't regret the decision one bit!

Last edited:
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
@tjoreo why do you plow in with the diff locked?just wondering, I use 4wd almost always, but if i get hung up in a snow bank the then diff lock will usually get me out.
@swsebek ok now I see, you won't regret it, i never had a problem steering it either, but its effortless with pwr steering. My wife had a fit when I told her how much it costs, once she tried it she didn't mind so much.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
I had a spinner and no power steering for quite a while. I'd say crwling rocks, no spinner, and no power steering is what sold me. Love it.

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I installed power steering on my P5 last week. Your right about a world of difference. I wish I had done it sooner. I definatly won't buy anything else without it.

SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
Guys watch eBay. It took me 2 months but I waited till 3 seconds to go and got my brand new powersteering for $350!!!! The commander shocks and powersteering are a MUST HAVE for the 700's. Those are the GREATEST mods a person can make to the 700!!!!

Reactions: Tflynn and swsebek
swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm not waiting... My wife haunts these threads to make sure I'm behaving myself... LOL... When she seen what you all posted. She gave me the go ahead... Thanks for starting the thread Smitty...
She won't admit It but she likes the pioneer more then me....And now she will be able to steer it easily.....

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm not waiting... My wife haunts these threads to make sure I'm behaving myself... LOL... When she seen what you all posted. She gave me the go ahead... Thanks for starting the thread Smitty...
She won't admit It but she likes the pioneer more then me....And now she will be able to steer it easily.....
Heck yeah! Ya'll will absolutely love power steering. You'll wonder why you ever put yourself through not having it Lol. I can drive through any terrain with one hand free if I please. The wife has to reach over and grab my beer if things get too squirrelly ;)

SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
My wife is the same way except she hates forums. She is having withdrawal from not riding. She normally is looking for rides if we haven't rode in 3 weeks.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@tjoreo why do you plow in with the diff locked?just wondering, I use 4wd almost always, but if i get hung up in a snow bank the then diff lock will usually get me out.
@swsebek ok now I see, you won't regret it, i never had a problem steering it either, but its effortless with pwr steering. My wife had a fit when I told her how much it costs, once she tried it she didn't mind so much.
My drive way is all gravel and a couple of years ago I welded a round pipe on the blade edge to allow a little bit of snow to stay on the ground. Eventually it will put a layer of ice over the gravel. I like to push everything back even across my yard, just so I don't have to worry about when the next big storm comes. I found driving in 4 lock helped to keep me going in the right direction (could have been in my mind though). Now with power steering I don't even realize I'm in 4 lock.

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Are all you guys using the super atv power steering????Ebay prices are not as good as super Atv's web price...EBay is my last resort after my fox shocks episode... I'm like dealing with the company direct....

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are all you guys using the super atv power steering????Ebay prices are not as good as super Atv's web price...EBay is my last resort after my fox shocks episode... I'm like dealing with the company direct....

Yeah what I had on my 700

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!