EPS

JimH1

JimH1

Sep 27, 2016
Duluth MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well today was the first time I try the 4xdiff lock and when it lock up the eps quit working is this normal?
I had to take it out of the dif-lock an shut it off when I started it back up I had power steering. Has anyone else had this happen?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No that is not normal. Steering is harder in diff lock, that's normal. But you shouldn't completely lose power steering. Have you driven a vehicle with diff lock before? To a first timer they might think they lost it due to increased steering effort.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
No that is not normal. Steering is harder in diff lock, that's normal. But you shouldn't completely lose power steering. Have you driven a vehicle with diff lock before? To a first timer they might think they lost it due to increased steering effort.
Probably just how it feels when locked in 4wheel. It really gets stiff

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Was the light on or did I just feel differently? Like the others said if it was just feel that's normal however. If I remember right the 1000 does give a little more power to the steering in diff but you still feel it.

JimH1

JimH1

Sep 27, 2016
Duluth MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Was the light on or did I just feel differently? Like the others said if it was just feel that's normal however. If I remember right the 1000 does give a little more power to the steering in diff but you still feel it.
No the light came on with an exclamation mark next to it.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ok unless you were using lots of power just prior like winching or something then that's not normal. Imo just keep an eye on it and hope it was a glitch.

JimH1

JimH1

Sep 27, 2016
Duluth MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
No the light came on with an exclamation mark next to it.

Well I just went for a short ride and when i got to my drive way I put in 4-lock this time it went into lock with out any trouble and no issue with the power steering in fact the steering didn't change at all.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well I just went for a short ride and when i got to my drive way I put in 4-lock this time it went into lock with out any trouble and no issue with the power steering in fact the steering didn't change at all.

I heard somewhere about the system giving more power in diff mode so I'm wondering if there was just a hiccup the first time going into diff. Just keep your eye on it but I think you're going to be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!