P700 Erratic idle

H

Hopey

Sep 4, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-2
Unloaded the 700 Pioneer out of the trailer the other day and washed it. When I was done I started it and went to put it in the garage and noticed that the idle would go up and down. There was no issue before I washed it. Anyone else have this issue or an idea where I may start looking?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Unloaded the 700 Pioneer out of the trailer the other day and washed it. When I was done I started it and went to put it in the garage and noticed that the idle would go up and down. There was no issue before I washed it. Anyone else have this issue or an idea where I may start looking?

I stored my 700 in a 40’ container for a period at a job site, humidity in the container stayed about 100% because it had some leaks.

I had to dielectric grease all my electrical connections because they’d started to corrode.

Maybe you got water in a connection somewhere around the engine?

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Also if you cleaned the filter and didn't get off all the water or Cleaner it will. If the filter is dirty it will surge a little at Idle

Reactions: BobRack

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!