P1000 Error Code. Please help

H

HawggyStyle

Mar 17, 2019
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is this read as an 81 or 8-1 error code?

H

HondaTech

That's 81. The MIL won't specify the number afte the hyphen.

So for instance there are 2 "8" codes, 8-1 and 8-2. When blinking the code it would only know that it's a code 8. The only way to differentiate between 8-1 or 8-2 is to have an MCS and read the code that way.

Last edited:
H

HawggyStyle

Mar 17, 2019
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's 81. The MIL won't specify he number afte the hyphen.

So for instance there are 2 "8" codes, 8-1 and 8-2. When blinking the code it would only know that it's a code 8. The only way to differentiate between 8-1 or 8-2 is to have an MCS and read the code that way.
So 81 is basically 8-1 correct? I'd assume if it were 82(or 8-2) there'd be 2 short blinks at the end, opposed to the 1 short at the end of my situation

H

HondaTech

So 81 is basically 8-1 correct? I'd assume if it were 82(or 8-2) there'd be 2 short blinks at the end, opposed to the 1 short at the end of my situation

The long blinks are counted as 10, in your case 8 so that's 80. Then 1 short which is 1.

So your code is 81.

The number after the "-" will never be indicated by the MIL. The only way to find out which code is being indicated for sure when there is more than 1 that could shown is hook up our factory MCS.

H

HawggyStyle

Mar 17, 2019
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The long blinks are counted as 10, in your case 8 so that's 80. Then 1 short which is 1.

So your code is 81.

The number after the "-" will never be indicated by the MIL. The only way to find out which code is being indicated for sure when there is more than 1 that could shown is hook up our factory MCS.
10 4. Precciate the feedback!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!