Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I cut it off the tip of my Foreman and didn't notice any power difference, just a little louder. Not messing with that lovely sound the OEM exhaust makes on my 1000.

A

aquatic1998

Dec 23, 2015
Took it into the shop as I said. They called and said they found 2 codes in the computer. Low voltage to the shifter and low voltage to something else that I can't remember. They said they reset the codes. Then they told me they ran a bunch of test that the techs on the hot line told them to and came up with nothing. Said the machine was running perfect and my local honda said they couldn't get the noise to repeat what I had showed them in the parking lot. Took it out twice since then. It's back to running great so far. I have no clue what it was.
I just picked mine up from the dealer on saturday and had two codes showing low voltage as well . I would clean all fuses and relays to be safe. My bike had shifting problems , bike would start in nuetral and park but as soon as you went to put it in gear reverse, high or low the bike would shut off. Ended up being a bad connection in the fuse block or relays. Dealer said the 1000's are very touchy when it comes to low volts and bad grounds.

advertisement
Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What does the spark arrestor look like? Picture please. I want make sure I keep it clean
When you take the 3 bolts out that hold the exhaust tip on the muffler it will be attached to the bad side of the tip. It is a stainless mesh screen can't miss it.

Reactions: Scooterchris
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I just picked mine up from the dealer on saturday and had two codes showing low voltage as well . I would clean all fuses and relays to be safe. My bike had shifting problems , bike would start in nuetral and park but as soon as you went to put it in gear reverse, high or low the bike would shut off. Ended up being a bad connection in the fuse block or relays. Dealer said the 1000's are very touchy when it comes to low volts and bad grounds.
anything with an ecu(fuel injection) are real touchy with grounds not like it used to be where carbs give plenty of fuel without power at all

A

aquatic1998

Dec 23, 2015
anything with an ecu(fuel injection) are real touchy with grounds not like it used to be where carbs give plenty of fuel without power at all
Whats crazy is it always ran never had a problem starting , it was having more problems with transmission and shifting.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
maybe because the sift solenoid uses a lot of power to shift. U never now with lose grounds and electronics etc Ive learned its crazy the things electrical can cause just like the saying water does really weird things well so does electricity!!!

Reactions: Scooterchris