P500 Exhaust smell

B

bucky

Jun 6, 2017
pa
Ownership

1. 500
I was out riding in about 20" of snow & smelled exhaust the entire time is this normal? I was keeping the revs up because I was spinning but when I was done my coat, gloves & hat all smelled like exhaust.

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I was out riding in about 20" of snow & smelled exhaust the entire time is this normal? I was keeping the revs up because I was spinning but when I was done my coat, gloves & hat all smelled like exhaust.
Windshield? They will really bring in the exhaust at low speeds. Maybe just the situation made it worse than usual?

I've driven 2 500's briefly...mostly at low speeds, and i have to admit i thought the amount of exhaust you could smell was unusual. The 1st was a full shield, so that explained it...but the second completely open.

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
When I've had exhaust smell it could always be explained by the wind blowing in from my six. :p

R-Lamm

R-Lamm

Lifetime Member
Sep 27, 2017
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 500
I will agree with @trigger that the heat/noise barrier does in fact cut down on that...I use one during summer and remove in winter to gain a touch of heat inside cabin and can tell a little difference...but I have never gotten out of the machine smelling like it!

Reactions: Mudder and trigger
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I've never experienced that but I have a heat/noise barrier in place, maybe that has something to do with it? Old sh**** gas maybe?
I also got barrier..under seat...all the way
...up the back..
no exhaust. .now if I get
riding the rocks..sloshing my
fuel..I get a wife of fuel..

Reactions: trigger
D

Deleted member 3748

Even if you had an exhaust leak everything is still located behind you and should be blowing away. Do you have a rear panel, doors, or a full cab? You say 20" of snow so I imagine you were going pretty slow though. Were you doing donuts? Are you sure it's exhaust smell and not the nasty stink of snow steam?

Reactions: rocmar
William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would say it’s the snow... I left from hunting and had lots of mud everywhere. Hit the dirt road wide open and when I stopped it smell like it was burning up...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!