Exhaust w/ o2 bung?

Many_Gs

Many_Gs

Apr 5, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Hey all,

I have a KraftWerks turbo kit on order and trying to line up some items ahead of time.

Reading the Jackson racing reviews, people talk about having the o2 sensor and how important it is I understand having a wideband O2 sensor is wise, regardless of the turbo kit... thoughts on this?

If needed or suggested, are there any exhaust systems that have this already welded in? I don't know how to weld, nor have the equipment though I suppose I can have someone weld it in for me on the stock exhaust. Thoughts? If they sell an exhaust with the o2 bung already there please link/give me the name of the company.

Thanks in advance! Impatiently awaiting my turbo kit, these few weeks will feel like years...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: CID
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Any good exhaust is going to be stainless so a bung will need to be tig welded. Here is what I would do (in this order)

1. You are going to be limited on the intermediate pipe (the one from the turbo to the muffler flange) as it will be custom and come in the Turbo Kit. So, you should drop KW a line first and ask them if the intermediate pipe they provide has a bung already installed or if they can install on and put a plug in it.
  2. If KW's pipe doesn't come with a bung or they won't install one, you need to decide on a location for the bung. It can go somewhere in the intermediate pipe or in the muffler but no farther back than the stock O2.
  3. You can use a dual wideband and put one bung in each header pipe if you really think that is necessary. A racer that is fine tuning should consider this option but for a trail rider, this is just overkill (and added expense).
  4. You will be limited to a Slip On muffler (full systems will not work). Some muffler manufacturers will install a bung for you. I know that HMF will do it and I imagine other will also. Call the manufacturer (not the seller) and ask them to install one.
  5. The Wideband kit will come with a bung and you can have it installed in the intermediate pipe or muffler. Most muffler shops now have tig welders and if you pre-drill the hole they will weld a bung in for $50. I have had a couple installed for me that way at my local shop.
  6. You can have more than one bung and just plug them so if you end up with an extra, don't worry.

Reactions: Udaman and CID
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Something like this is what you are looking for. It comes with an 02 bung that you can take to a local welding/fab shop to have installed. Just ask KW where they recommend it be welded in.

Don't get one of those, they are completely useless and just for show. There is NO WAY to watch that and get any kind of useful feedback. AFR readings change in a nanosecond so trying to read that and keep an eye on the road and remember the readings is completely inaccurate and probably going to get you killed.

Use the one that DynoJet sells. It too comes with a bung and perfectly integrates into the PV3 that KW requires, reads the AFR on the screen if you really think you want to watch it and records log files in real time that will be useful for tuning. They are a bit expensive but well worth it...

Many_Gs

Many_Gs

Apr 5, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Hey all,

I just chatted with kraftwerks, the manifold at which they are sending me will come with a spot for the 02 sensor to be installed.

They also recommended the power Commander wideband sensor that works with their pv3. Looks like I'm all set...just have to spend a lot more money.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!