PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
They also found my air filter was missing 3 bolts, they state they probably came loose and fell outwards (not into the engine or they would have seen it in the cylinder scope).
This kind of BS really bugs me, this dealer either thinks customers are morons or they have no clue. It is absolutely physically impossible for 1 (let alone 3) air filter bolts to magically go through the filter, end up on the dirty side and simply disappear. They were either never installed, stuck somewhere in the clean side of the filter box, tubes/throttle body or the engine ingested them (highly unlikely or you would not have a running engine).

I would have to say they were never installed in the first place but if I were you, I would NOT trust what he told you and remove the lid and take a real good look at all the nooks and crannies, down the tubes and throttle body for them yourself.

Many_Gs

Many_Gs

Apr 5, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X4
This kind of BS really bugs me, this dealer either thinks customers are morons or they have no clue. It is absolutely physically impossible for 1 (let alone 3) air filter bolts to magically go through the filter, end up on the dirty side and simply disappear. They were either never installed, stuck somewhere in the clean side of the filter box, tubes/throttle body or the engine ingested them (highly unlikely or you would not have a running engine).

I would have to say they were never installed in the first place but if I were you, I would NOT trust what he told you and remove the lid and take a real good look at all the nooks and crannies, down the tubes and throttle body for them yourself.
Yea, I know what you mean. I should have asked him where they were, if found etc. He made it clear that the filter was still in place and they did not fall down into the intake/engine or id have problems. I'm obviously quite familiar with that and thought it was kind of strange that three were missing. Really don't know what to take of that but I will have to keep an eye when I get it back. Is it possible I left them out, I suppose but unlikely. That or they're just pulling my leg, really don't know. I don't have a reason to not trust them, however I'll check it over once I get it back Friday.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Buggyman and ChadD
B

BrianM

Aug 14, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Ownership

1. Talon X4
The major products of the complete combustion of petroleum-based fuels in an internal combustion engine are carbon dioxide (13%) and water (13%), with nitrogen from air comprising most (73%) of the remaining exhaust. A very small portion of the nitrogen is converted to nitrogen oxides and some nitrated hydrocarbons.

Until the engine warms up that water can condense in the exhaust system. You see it all the time when the weather is cold...cars blowing out lots of steam. Once the exhaust system heats to 212F then the steam won't condense to water anymore. If you go for short rides this condensed steam could build up in the muffler packing and it takes a while to come to temperature and get it all out.

I used to ride a motorcycle back and forth from my apartment to school when I was younger and it had chrome exhaust pipes. They looked great but rusted out in no time due to all the short rides I did.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!