P1000 Fan relay

CaryAlder

CaryAlder

Jan 2, 2018
Hopkinsville, KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
p1K is overheating and fan won't kick on, fuses are good, which relay is for the fan? Radiator has been rinsed off also so no mud caked on it

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Isn't the relay cover marked with relay locations?
check your fan connection. I will check my manual and see what I can find.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good news, If your engine starts and runs, the relay is fine. The relay controls the fan and fuel pump.
Check your 15a fuse.

Capture5

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Need to locate the thermal temp sensor, ground wires. I think that is what controls the fan.
Sorry. I don't currently know where they are. But this has been reported as a similar issue before.

Sent via Tapatalk.

B

Bigdaddy55

Aug 30, 2018
Gilbertown Alabama
Ownership

1. 700-2
p1K is overheating and fan won't kick on, fuses are good, which relay is for the fan? Radiator has been rinsed off also so no mud caked on it
I have a P700 with the same problem. Good Fuse no fan.. I have a repair manual ordered . I would really like to know all the components in the circuit so I could go ahead and troubleshoot it.

D

DonnieBogard

Oct 1, 2018
Fort Myers
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My 1000 done the same thing overheated fan stopped working and then it wouldn't start. Let it sit for a few minutes then started up but fan still did not work for quite a while

advertisement
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check the connection at your fan. Fan relay also controls fuel pump, if it starts, the fan will have signal.

H

HondaTech

Check my last post in the thread about another member finding his fan unplugged.

Hondas has found a PCM issue with the fan not being activated before the unit overheats and the temp light comes on.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!