P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did a thread on my fan failing and the SPAL replacement. Not exactly a how-to thread but there are some tips on installation in there.

I

iwill1010

Jan 1, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There is no way that the fan is supposed to push. I was a HONDA tech for 25 years, never saw such a setup on any HONDA water cooled unit. I am not saying that yours does not push, just that it should not push air forward. My 2016 pulls air. You are correct, a push fan would absolutely not work and would cause overheating. The 2021 and the 2016 use the same parts (part numbers are identical), so that is definitely not supposed to be a pusher fan. The fan blade (and motor, of course) is supposed to turn clockwise when viewed from the front, if my memory serves me correctly. How about posting a picture of that fan. I'm thinking that the blade is installed backwards. Definately should not be a pusher fan
I think I still have the fan. I look when I get home to check. How I figured it out was when I hit water all the steam would blow out of the front of the radiator. Now with the spal fan it blows out the wheel wells.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
If you are replacing with OEM, need to look into the 2022 upgraded fan.

Reactions: Lady01
mlynch001

mlynch001

Oct 7, 2020
Dardanelle, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think I still have the fan. I look when I get home to check. How I figured it out was when I hit water all the steam would blow out of the front of the radiator. Now with the spal fan it blows out the wheel wells.
I never doubted that your fan was pushing air out the front, just saying that it should not do that. If you get the chance, post that picture of the fan. If it is wired backwards or the fan is on backwards, I wonder how many others are having the same issue? Did the fan pulling air in the right direction fix your cooling problem?

Reactions: Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!