P1000 Cooling fan?

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
We don't call others "dude" on this forum, not polite.

NewHere2

NewHere2

Village Idiot In Training
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2020
High Plains of SD
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
Hello! New member here. Just purchased a 2021 1000-5 2 nights ago. Machine had 1 mile. Brand New! Upon my first ride less than 3 miles in it's overheating and I noticed that the cooling fan is not running. Immediately let it cool and eased back home. Called dealer and returned immediately. Anyone else had this issue?
Very good question. You have a right to be concerned. With only 1 mile, the dealer must not have done a test ride.

J

JRkc

Jun 23, 2021
Kansas City
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Yup had to have mine replaced within the first couple months of owning it. It's electrical so Murphy's Law applies. The fan motor and mount is all incorporated into a unit as a whole, so going to the local parts store was not an option. Just noticed this was a Pioneer thread but my Talon had the same issue.

S

Snide974

Sep 8, 2021
Cadet mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello! New member here. Just purchased a 2021 1000-5 2 nights ago. Machine had 1 mile. Brand New! Upon my first ride less than 3 miles in it's overheating and I noticed that the cooling fan is not running. Immediately let it cool and eased back home. Called dealer and returned immediately. Anyone else had this issue?
Mine did the exact same thing and I had to burp the system

E

Elkmobile

Aug 13, 2018
Northern Nevada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have had a few issues, but never over heating

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How can you tell if a fan blade is a pusher or puller, by looking at it?
Instead of the blade being made with flat surfaces, for increased efficiency, many fan blades will have a convex side, with mid span rounded "higher" than edges, and a concave or "dished" side. The convex side should be pulling air in and the concave side blowing it out. In a vehicle, the convex side should be facing forward so it is aided by the relative wind due to forward motion.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine broke a blade hitting a creek at a high rate of speed. The other blades were cracked. I know there has been multiple machines break blades. Most are high miles/high use machines that I know about.

So you're saying the fan was not designed adequately to act as a bow thruster in order to support maneuvering while afloat? Well that's just wrong!! :)

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Have a 2018 1000-3 and after 200 Hrs the factory fan blades broke apart, installed a Spal fan and seems to cool better and quieter.
Mine broke too. I was just idling at a stop and then I heard a "pop". There was a weird vibration throughout the machine.At first I thought it was running on 1 cylinder until the computer shut the fan off and it smoothed out. It was more work than one would think to get access to that bugger to change it! I have no idea what would have made it fail.

B

big bud

May 14, 2021
Potter Valley,CA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Believe the Honda blades just started cracking and one by one the came apart, no further damage got lucky. Little work to replace the fan but with the SPAL fan should be good. It's a direct replacement also.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!