Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I can't be posting to quick. OC will be riding my ass again!

62946ac5a777a5830ffced8df34cfd85

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
The reallly sad part is, Joey is working his tail off. But his wife just sees a SxS drive by the window every now and then. When he knocks off after dark he will end up with negative points for "playing " with the P1k all day.

Man code or not, what is a brother to do...

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The reallly sad part is, Joey is working his tail off. But his wife just sees a SxS drive by the window every now and then. When he knocks off after dark he will end up with negative points for "playing " with the P1k all day.

Man code or not, what is a brother to do...
Man ain't that the truth!! If I had a dollar for every time I get accused of "playing" with the tractor or the sxs lmao.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Man ain't that the truth!! If I had a dollar for every time I get accused of "playing" with the tractor or the sxs lmao.

I bought a new tractor to mow the lawn faster.

I bought the P-1000 to plow snow faster and inside a cab.

I bought a new truck to make sure that I get to work.

Somehow, my wife doesn't see those things correctly??????????

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought a new tractor to mow the lawn faster.

I bought the P-1000 to plow snow faster and inside a cab.

I bought a new truck to make sure that I get to work.

Somehow, my wife doesn't see those things correctly??????????
Im gonna show my wife what you wrote. Cause my truck has 232k miles and tractor has over 2100 hrs on it. I'm gonna tell her at least I aint out buying new stuff lol

truc577

truc577

Lifetime Member
May 17, 2017
NEMO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went down to Oreilly auto parts and picked up a Super Start AGM in their power sports section. It fits nicely. Still got to get a isolator and better get a hold down strap.

View attachment 28316

This battery was $50 cheaper than the odyssey but it's AH rating is lower. It should be sufficient. They had bigger ones but I was saving a few dollars for the next mod.
I see a lot of add-on batteries here, no one around my neck of the woods does that. Do I need to start a new trend? I don't run a stereo, all I really use is a winch and a led light bar. Supper nice shop!!

Reactions: sharp and joeymt33
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I see a lot of add-on batteries here, no one around my neck of the woods does that. Do I need to start a new trend? I don't run a stereo, all I really use is a winch and a led light bar. Supper nice shop!!

Thanks bud, the mods really do have a purpose. The extra battery really helps when winching for utility purposes. My father likes milling his own lumber so we are always using the winch to pull trees. Some are extended pulls so the extra battery comes in handy.

I haven't added switches or stereo to the Farm Rig like I did Traveller but I really want to. We enjoy listening to the Braves game or music while out working. Just yesterday my phone was dead and I missed having those built in USB ports that are in Traveller. Even my father said the other day he wanted to add lights for varmint hunting because we've done that in Traveller and they help a ton.

However, all those accessories add weight and make the vehicle cumbersome. Our little Farm Rig is a blast to drive because of the quick handling and acceleration.

truc577

truc577

Lifetime Member
May 17, 2017
NEMO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks bud, the mods really do have a purpose. The extra battery really helps when winching for utility purposes. My father likes milling his own lumber so we are always using the winch to pull trees. Some are extended pulls so the extra battery comes in handy.

I haven't added switches or stereo to the Farm Rig like I did Traveller but I really want to. We enjoy listening to the Braves game or music while out working. Just yesterday my phone was dead and I missed having those built in USB ports that are in Traveller. Even my father said the other day he wanted to add lights for varmint hunting because we've done that in Traveller and they help a ton.

However, all those accessories add weight and make the vehicle cumbersome. Our little Farm Rig is a blast to drive because of the quick handling and acceleration.
Oh no doubt at all, I was just wondering if I should follow suit.

truc577

truc577

Lifetime Member
May 17, 2017
NEMO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Read a past post regarding low voltage and possible clutch failure ties. Think dual bats will be added to the shop list.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Im gonna show my wife what you wrote. Cause my truck has 232k miles and tractor has over 2100 hrs on it. I'm gonna tell her at least I aint out buying new stuff lol

I guess that I can at least be a bad example!

Reactions: DGann
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3

I also remind my wife that since I'm "the cheap date" since I don't drink, smoke or do drugs so I have to occupy my time with something!