100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is from a survival blog. Apparently the FCC is now outlawing or banning many types of two-way ham radios especially the handheld types. You may want to order some before you can no longer get them.

Communications Gear — Banned!:
Back in August, I warned SurvivalBlog readers about an upcoming FCC rules change. Well, the ban did indeed arrive, on Monday. As of September 24th, 2018, the FCC banned the importation of some quite capable dual band models of inexpensive Baofeng ham radio handie-talkies:

FCC Enforcement Advisory No. 2018-03

Because of this new FCC “enforcement advisory” ban, I predict that fewer and fewer these particular hand-held ham radios will clear Customs. Then, Amazon and eBay listings for them will soon disappear, probably in just a few weeks. The window of opportunity is closing quickly, folks! Note that no license is required to buy these radios.

I strongly recommend that SurvivalBlog readers stock up on these dual band radios, NOW, while there are still some available at a reasonable price! Grab a five-pack, or perhaps two five-packs, so that you will have some extras available to trade at a later date. Remember: “Buy low, and sell high.” As I’ve described in detail in the blog before: Bans almost always lead to higher

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
They may not require a license to buy, but they do require a license to operate in any way or on any band. Obtaining a ham license is super easy and would make it leagal to use them (if used properly).
Ya we’ve talked about this pretty good here. There are a few channels that are legal on the little radios. Ham licensing is a real good idea and would be rewarding. If the world did go to crap none of that would matter though lol

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
Really not trying to start an argument hear but, actually there are no channel or frequencies on these radios that are legal to use without a license.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Really not trying to start an argument hear but, actually there are no channel or frequencies on these radios that are legal to use without a license.
There’s a list floating around somewhere in here. The radios have multiple bands and power outputs. I couldn’t tell you anymore what we’re on, our radios were set up years ago. I know most HAM people get understandably upset if things aren’t by the book.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The reason the Baofengs are being banned is that they can be modified to operate outside of the normal ham pereters. Which although currently illegal, one could create their own clandestine channels...

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
This is from a survival blog. Apparently the FCC is now outlawing or banning many types of two-way ham radios especially the handheld types. You may want to order some before you can no longer get them.

Communications Gear — Banned!:
Back in August, I warned SurvivalBlog readers about an upcoming FCC rules change. Well, the ban did indeed arrive, on Monday. As of September 24th, 2018, the FCC banned the importation of some quite capable dual band models of inexpensive Baofeng ham radio handie-talkies:

FCC Enforcement Advisory No. 2018-03

Because of this new FCC “enforcement advisory” ban, I predict that fewer and fewer these particular hand-held ham radios will clear Customs. Then, Amazon and eBay listings for them will soon disappear, probably in just a few weeks. The window of opportunity is closing quickly, folks! Note that no license is required to buy these radios.

I strongly recommend that SurvivalBlog readers stock up on these dual band radios, NOW, while there are still some available at a reasonable price! Grab a five-pack, or perhaps two five-packs, so that you will have some extras available to trade at a later date. Remember: “Buy low, and sell high.” As I’ve described in detail in the blog before: Bans almost always lead to higher
I'm 1/8 Indian, I use smoke signals, don't think the FCC has jurisdiction over smoke???

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
It doesn’t matter. Nothing like this is going to happen in the Trump administration....

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I go to check my order and it gives me this for the BTECH radio only....

0FB8CF90 2995 4646 A887 347CB002D00E

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!