100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
While practicing doughnuts in my front yard, I nearly managed to tip the Gnomobile over but saved it at the last second before she fell. I definitely want to widen the stance but am worried about access to 50" trails. What to do...? It was fun as heck though!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Lol...practicing doughnuts? It's good that you're getting a feel for it though, at least you'll know the tipping point. ;)

I struggled with the same issue of going wider or not. Going with bigger tires gives you more ground clearance, a better ride and makes the machine a lot more capable. That was the no brainer. But then the tippiness gets worse so you throw on spacers because you don't want to spend the high dollar for some wheels. Really doesn't effect the width much but helps.Then you cave and just decide to sell the spacers, stock wheels and tires to offset the price of aftermarket wheels that you could have put on in the first place. Looks a lot better, didn't effect the width much more, but handles better and is more capable yet. :D
That's the path I took.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol...practicing doughnuts? It's good that you're getting a feel for it though, at least you'll know the tipping point. ;)

I struggled with the same issue of going wider or not. Going with bigger tires gives you more ground clearance, a better ride and makes the machine a lot more capable. That was the no brainer. But then the tippiness gets worse so you throw on spacers because you don't want to spend the high dollar for some wheels. Really doesn't effect the width much but helps.Then you cave and just decide to sell the spacers, stock wheels and tires to offset the price of aftermarket wheels that you could have put on in the first place. Looks a lot better, didn't effect the width much more, but handles better and is more capable yet. :D
That's the path I took.
What are you running, size tires, rims etc? Do you still fit on restricted trails and do you run it at altitude ever? Much of what I'll be running this year will be 7000+' elevation.

Reactions: sharp
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
What are you running, size tires, rims etc? Do you still fit on restricted trails and do you run it at altitude ever? Much of what I'll be running this year will be 7000+' elevation.

I have Maxxis BH 2.0's on mine. 26 x9 front and 26 x11 rear. 12 x7 ITP Black Ops wheels with 5+2 offset front and back. This set up puts you at 53" front and 53 3/4" rear width. I ran quad trails all last weekend and fit fine. Some areas were tight but nothing that I couldn't get through. I've never ran at high altitude but the 2.0's are a little lighter. Hope this helps.

Reactions: sharp and 100Acre
Miss_Oak

Miss_Oak

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 500

That's the path I took.

Thanks for all that info @trigger. I didn't realize if you went with different wheels then you didn't have to have spacers. You guys always talk about 5+2 wheels. What does 5+2 actually mean? I guess obviously it must be a wider rim???

Miss_Oak

Miss_Oak

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 500

That's the path I took.

@trigger I think i found my 5+2 answer :) i had no idea they made rims to do all these crazy things.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
@trigger I think i found my 5+2 answer :) i had no idea they made rims to do all these crazy things.

View attachment 43933

That's why I try to help other members with what I've learned. I had a hard time with the off set question as well. Chooglin walked me through it and I'm just trying to pay it forward.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Have 5-2 Vison Buckshot rims, 4-110 lug pattern. added 4 inches to width. No spacers or adapters needed. Ron at Rockin' Ron's Powersports very helpful to me and bet he will be able to offer information on your options. Aftermarket wheels were one of the best upgrades for me. Around $600 for 15 inch rims and 27 in. tires a few months back, FYI.

IMG 3674 IMG 3686

Last edited:
Miss_Oak

Miss_Oak

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 500
That's why I try to help other members with what I've learned. I had a hard time with the off set question as well. Chooglin walked me through it and I'm just trying to pay it forward.
Have 5-2 Vison Buckshot rims, 4-110 lug pattern. added 4 inches to width. No spacers or adapters needed. Ron at Rockin' Ron's Powersports very helpful to me and bet he will be able to offer information on your options. Aftermarket wheels were one of the best upgrades for me. Around $600 for 15 inch rims and 27 in. tires a few months back, FYI.

View attachment 43946 View attachment 43947

I say it all the time… ALL you guys are a wealth of information you are the best ⭐️ !!! :)

bigbore

bigbore

Jan 5, 2016
While practicing doughnuts in my front yard, I nearly managed to tip the Gnomobile over but saved it at the last second before she fell. I definitely want to widen the stance but am worried about access to 50" trails. What to do...? It was fun as heck though!

I would chop the suspension 4" and put on wide, low profile tires, or, just ride reg'ler like.o_O

Miss_Oak

Miss_Oak

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 500
Yes they will ,I actually had the stock tires mounted on my 5+2 wheels before I bought my Bighorns

Excellent ! Thank you! :)Thats exactly what i was thinking of doing.

With his tires and offset rims Trigger said "I essentially went up 2" and out 3" which helped the COG"
...So if i stay with the stock tires do i gain the 3" width while remaining at the height it is now? At this point i dont really care about the height. Just interested in the width.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!