P1000 Fell into a 5 foot hole in the water....

F

fsk1290

Oct 30, 2020
Grant, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
At first it was one foot of water..... then it was two..... then I tried to go around my riding buddy and ..........BOOM.......... up to my neck. My bike was completely submerged but still running thanks to my snorkel. No worries. Lots of people around to pull me out. I feathered the throttle to keep her running and in 10 mins I was pulled out.

The stream was being fed by a freshwater spring. So it was nice and clear water but A LOT of sand in it. By the time I got pulled out I had 5 inches of sand at my feet which I had to dig out to use gas pedal and break. And my bed (my flip up seats were down) had another 4 inches of sand in it. Made it back to camp fine. No worries.

I take the front hood off and boy oh boy there was sand everywhere. All over my battery and my fuses. I didn't like that.

So my question is can I completely make my front hood water proof?? No sand or water allowed at all.

Ideas???

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
This compartment contains important stuff. Why doesn't Honda make it water proof? So the battery and all fuses isn't that important?? I don't get it.
LOL....
While I don't disagree with what you are spewing...
Honda says they should stay fairly dry when crossing a max 10 inches of water.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
At first it was one foot of water..... then it was two..... then I tried to go around my riding buddy and ..........BOOM.......... up to my neck. My bike was completely submerged but still running thanks to my snorkel. No worries. Lots of people around to pull me out. I feathered the throttle to keep her running and in 10 mins I was pulled out.

The stream was being fed by a freshwater spring. So it was nice and clear water but A LOT of sand in it. By the time I got pulled out I had 5 inches of sand at my feet which I had to dig out to use gas pedal and break. And my bed (my flip up seats were down) had another 4 inches of sand in it. Made it back to camp fine. No worries.

I take the front hood off and boy oh boy there was sand everywhere. All over my battery and my fuses. I didn't like that.

So my question is can I completely make my front hood water proof?? No sand or water allowed at all.

Ideas???
Yeah I would say getting sand everywhere sounds like your best case scenario and you should be thankful that's all you got to deal with 👍

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
A lot of this

advertisement
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Dont sweat it. My wifes P1000 lives in dash deep swamp water every other weekend. I gotta replace toggle switches on the dash now and then from it. No biggie. I plan on eventually moving the switches overhead. The sand tends to pile up under the pedals because the tires churning. It seems like concrete when youre trying to scrape it out. Wash out under the hood with your garden hose and youre good to go.

F

fsk1290

Oct 30, 2020
Grant, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
up to your neck for 10 mins and you drove it back, no issues? i'd call that a win.what more can you expect out of it? mine's going into limp mode every time it gets wet.i'd kill for your honda problem.

To say I was impressed is an understatement. Since I'm new to this and all I was not to pleased with what was happening.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!