P1000 Fire pioneer 1000-3

D

dustormnaz

Mar 31, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5
well I just got off the phone with Honda and guess what they are not going to anything about it gave me some BS saying the recall did not really have to with the bike catching on fire... if anyone out there has had heat or fire issues please let know I am going to sue if can a class action lawsuit.. so if you can not ride your bike because of the recall and use it for work or to make money that's a loss to you
[email protected]
I lost mine on the 1st...it was a 1000-5D more info on the latest recall thread

DBAA3BDF 921F 4B7E 9147 A79E2308E1AA

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
I lost mine on the 1st...it was a 1000-5D more info on the latest recall thread

View attachment 93965

Many on here I'm sure would / will try to disprove any beloved Honda product catching on fire, but will jump right in to bash on Polaris if there's one that catches on fire.:rolleyes:
Before I went to work at a Honda dealer, I was as big of a Honda fan boy as you can get. But after working around them for 5 years, they are much less impressive machines to me. Now I'm talking about the newer ones, not the good old XR's , TRX 300's, etc., etc.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Many on here I'm sure would / will try to disprove any beloved Honda product catching on fire, but will jump right in to bash on Polaris if there's one that catches on fire.:rolleyes:
Before I went to work at a Honda dealer, I was as big of a Honda fan boy as you can get. But after working around them for 5 years, they are much less impressive machines to me. Now I'm talking about the newer ones, not the good old XR's , TRX 300's, etc., etc.

Someone screwed up somewhere, claim insurance, wait on Talon....

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
It's just hard to believe that the Talon will be top quality design, materials and workmanship, with the way Honda has fallen after becoming too Americanized.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's just hard to believe that the Talon will be top quality design, materials and workmanship, with the way Honda has fallen after becoming too Americanized.

It’d be too hard of a hit to their cultural pride and corporate reputation of reliability if they have another “clutch” debacle.

Americanization or not, the Japanese have a very proud culture and I don’t think the same mistakes will be allowed to happen a 2nd time.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It’d be too hard of a hit to their cultural pride and corporate reputation of reliability if they have another “clutch” debacle.

Americanization or not, the Japanese have a very proud culture and I don’t think the same mistakes will be allowed to happen a 2nd time.
Quality control is much harder for a Japanese company when assembled in the US.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@JTW I wish I could’ve read that just one more time before it was pulled. My side hurts from laughing. I sometimes erase things I think inappropriate but I know you and that one went away before I could read it to Ang.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I think my frustration stems from the same place...All I heard from many folks for the 2 1/2 years of Polaris Ranger ownership was "that thing is junk, they catch on fire". "why did you buy that POS when you could've bought a Honda?", etc etc etc. So after 7,500 trouble free miles and feeling connected to my Ranger, I decided to go with the Darling of the offroad magazine world...The Honda Pioneer 1000. Hate it so much, I've never even washed it. I consider it a mere tool.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think my frustration stems from the same place...All I heard from many folks for the 2 1/2 years of Polaris Ranger ownership was "that thing is junk, they catch on fire". "why did you buy that POS when you could've bought a Honda?", etc etc etc. So after 7,500 trouble free miles and feeling connected to my Ranger, I decided to go with the Darling of the offroad magazine world...The Honda Pioneer 1000. Hate it so much, I've never even washed it. I consider it a mere tool.

I think you had a Tuesday morning Polaris and a Friday afternoon Honda.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think he and his pioneer need some group therapy and a hug:)

I once owned a Chevy that I prayed caught on fire every time I drove it. I understand where he’s coming from. I sold it a while back and am waiting for a good buy on a Ford/Ram DRW with options I want.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well.. the Dodge will put u right back where u were with that Chevy but you won’t have to pray! You’ll make it happen :D

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I’m not happy with the fire situation either especially when I mentioned loose boots from assembly well over a year ago when it took out my engine and a few people found the same issue. I know they read the articles so maybe that should’ve been taken much more seriously.
But that is an assembly issue not engineering. That’s simply lazy people putting these together and it’s caused a host of other issues as we’ve seen. It needs to be addressed.
From an engineering standpoint the fires from Honda and Polaris are entirely different. Polaris has had flammable insulation at the back of the seats, fuel lines ran across exhaust, poor materials and poor design lol. Stupid s***! On every rig...and continue doing that. They cover up the issue till a government recall and lawsuit, and then build the next one half ass as well. I’m NOT saying either are ok but they ARE two separate issues.

J

JTW

I’m not happy with the fire situation either especially when I mentioned loose boots well over a year ago when it took out my engine and a few people found the same issue. I know they read the articles so maybe that should’ve been taken more seriously.
But that is an assembly issue not engineering. That’s simply lazy people putting these together and it’s caused a host of other issues as we’ve seen. It needs to be addressed.
From an engineering standpoint the fires from Honda and Polaris are entirely different. Polaris has had flammable insulation at the back of the seats, fuel lines ran across exhaust, poor materials and poor design lol. Stupid s***! On every rig...and continue doing that. They cover up the issue till a government recall and lawsuit, and then build the next one half ass as well. I’m NOT saying either are ok but they ARE two separate issues.
For a reckless, destructive, drunkard.. you sure make some good points!

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’m not happy with the fire situation either especially when I mentioned loose boots from assembly well over a year ago when it took out my engine and a few people found the same issue. I know they read the articles so maybe that should’ve been taken much more seriously.
Agreed on the assembly issue. I'd be a pissed off SOB if I were one of the engineers who designed this marvel of an engine/trans power combo, only to have it half-assed assembled by some lazy, careless, prideless zombie.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!