P1000 Fire pioneer 1000-3

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Strangely Honda Finance doesn't require insurance, at least not on my 700. Maybe they do now don't know.
I left my dealership with no insurance. At the time, I didn't even know you could insure these things. Now I have insurance against theft, fire etc. and also have liability for on road use. I do sleep a little better at night now.

L

Luv4Chaos1

Aug 1, 2016
Pinckney, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought a 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-3 a month or so ago, on the third time I took it out it caught fire and burn to the ground. I had not even gone through 3/4 of a tank of gas and rode it on dirt roads. I felt heat from the seat and on my back, I turn around and saw flames coming up from the back. I jumped out and ran to the back and tried to put it out by dumping my cooler on it. That didn't work and I saw the grass was on fire, so I jumped back in and gunned it. I got back out and saw that the fire was following the bike. 2 minutes later I had to run from the bike cause the fire was so bad. Has anyone had problems like this?

View attachment 28513 View attachment 28514

View attachment 28515 View attachment 28516

View attachment 28517

It's Polaris's fault...

2016 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tundraman

tundraman

Oct 26, 2015
Well, I had 4 LT's get a Humvee stuck in the tank range and they overheated it by rocking it back and forth. It caught fire and they ran leaving their weapons inside. Burnt to the ground. 140k loss with no insurance. So under the right conditions, all vehicles will burn.

I heard of a few Pioneers where the throttle bodies were coming lose possibly causing the fires.

I

illusiveaudio

Dec 14, 2016
Vero Beach, Florida (US)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
OK I have not check this fourm in a long time cause I thought there was nothing I could do. I ended up buying a Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec. A buddy of mine just called me about the new recall, so now I am going to get proactive bout it. If any one has a question bout my bike or my posts, please email me at illusiveaudio@gmail cause I am not on this fourm very often. I will check back on here in a few days

Reactions: Plumber32
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
OK I have not check this fourm in a long time cause I thought there was nothing I could do. I ended up buying a Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec. A buddy of mine just called me about the new recall, so now I am going to get proactive bout it. If any one has a question bout my bike or my posts, please email me at illusiveaudio@gmail cause I am not on this fourm very often. I will check back on here in a few days
When will you be trading that Wolverine in for a Pioneer 1000 LE?

I

illusiveaudio

Dec 14, 2016
Vero Beach, Florida (US)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well I just got off the phone with Honda, they are reviewing my case. Not sure what they are going to do yet. They did ask me what I wanted them to do. I told them either to refund the money that I had already paid them or give a new bike. I did not mention all the money I lost on the stuff that was in the bike (ipad, engel cooler, rifle, pistol, few magazines, iPhone, etc). I will let you know what happens after they call me back tomorrow.

I

illusiveaudio

Dec 14, 2016
Vero Beach, Florida (US)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
to answer the question no I will not be trading my Yamaha in for a Honda, I love my Yamaha. the seats in it are so much more comfortable and it handles better.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
to answer the question no I will not be trading my Yamaha in for a Honda, I love my Yamaha. the seats in it are so much more comfortable and it handles better.
Better join you a Yamaha forum.

Reactions: Remington and JTW
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
well I talk to a gut named tim at Honda and he told me that there are going to review my case again. he also tried to say that the recall was on a heat shield and it really doesn't mean fire
I hope for your sake you still have the chassis/frame with the VIN on it for their inspection.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Stranger things have happened for sure. Let us know how this all shakes out

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My Honda rides so rough, I'm very rarely on the seat, well that used to be the case, HA!

I

illusiveaudio

Dec 14, 2016
Vero Beach, Florida (US)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
well I just got off the phone with Honda and guess what they are not going to anything about it gave me some BS saying the recall did not really have to with the bike catching on fire... if anyone out there has had heat or fire issues please let know I am going to sue if can a class action lawsuit.. so if you can not ride your bike because of the recall and use it for work or to make money that's a loss to you
[email protected]

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
well I just got off the phone with Honda and guess what they are not going to anything about it gave me some BS saying the recall did not really have to with the bike catching on fire... if anyone out there has had heat or fire issues please let know I am going to sue if can a class action lawsuit.. so if you can not ride your bike because of the recall and use it for work or to make money that's a loss to you
[email protected]

Well none of us were there so its hard to say what happened. The vent for the fuel tank goes right into the frame which travels right in front of the headers. I wonder if the tank got warm and expanded and some gas was released through the vent and caught fire....
It's hard to imagine a machine catching fire but like I said, stranger things have happened. I don't believe you will get anywhere with your class action lawsuit approach. They have addressed the heat issue with a recall so I don't see much happening there.

If I were you I'd get a lawyer and pursue Honda independently. Still you would have to build a pretty strong case to prove it was no fault of your own. I'm not saying you lit it on fire just saying its going to be tough to prove either side.

I don't know why you didn't have insurance. Saying you thought you did doesn't really make sense. Not sure how you get confused on that but its water under the bridge now. Moral of the story, make sure you have a vehicle, rv, atv etc. insured BEFORE you even take possession of it, unless you're willing to pay for it twice. I always call my insurance agent in advance to make sure I'm covered. My wife's car was hit and totaled 10 days after we got it. s*** happens.

If you're telling the honest truth and this was no fault of your own I hope you are able to find a decent solution from Honda. If you're not, then I guess you've learned a hard lesson that you had coming.

none the less, we still want to hear what the final decision is.

J

JTW

Well none of us were there so its hard to say what happened. The vent for the fuel tank goes right into the frame which travels right in front of the headers. I wonder if the tank got warm and expanded and some gas was released through the vent and caught fire....
It's hard to imagine a machine catching fire but like I said, stranger things have happened. I don't believe you will get anywhere with your class action lawsuit approach. They have addressed the heat issue with a recall so I don't see much happening there.

If I were you I'd get a lawyer and pursue Honda independently. Still you would have to build a pretty strong case to prove it was no fault of your own. I'm not saying you lit it on fire just saying its going to be tough to prove either side.

I don't know why you didn't have insurance. Saying you thought you did doesn't really make sense. Not sure how you get confused on that but its water under the bridge now. Moral of the story, make sure you have a vehicle, rv, atv etc. insured BEFORE you even take possession of it, unless you're willing to pay for it twice. I always call my insurance agent in advance to make sure I'm covered. My wife's car was hit and totaled 10 days after we got it. s*** happens.

If you're telling the honest truth and this was no fault of your own I hope you are able to find a decent solution from Honda. If you're not, then I guess you've learned a hard lesson that you had coming.

none the less, we still want to hear what the final decision is.
Well said.. you talk so purdy!

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Well I hope that Honda takes care of this issue! Denial is not a sound or effective customer service strategy. Admitting you were wrong and making it right is!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!