moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has there been one actually documented honest case of a pioneer burning? Whether here or on fb they all seem to be trolls attempting to scare folks. Can am employees maybe?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has there been one actually documented honest case of a pioneer burning? Whether here or on fb they all seem to be trolls attempting to scare folks. Can am employees maybe?

They modded the 700 skid plates to help prevent leaves and dry grass from collecting around the exhaust. A few did catch because of that, but there was a recall and the skids were replaced. That was 2014 though and recall was/is still posted on this forum.

Reactions: knuckledeep
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They modded the 700 skid plates to help prevent leaves and dry grass from collecting around the exhaust. A few did catch because of that, but there was a recall and the skids were replaced. That was 2014 though and recall was/is still posted on this forum.
So not a single documented case of a p1k burning.

Reactions: knuckledeep
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So not a single documented case of a p1k burning.

No they HAVE burned as you can see in the pictures, It's a burnt 1000. Which is why the pics haven't been removed.

Just have no idea what the cause was. No real details are shared.

Just a lot of belligerent posts and cussing, and more cussing because the auto-censor wouldn't let them cuss.

Flies with honey, sewage with sewage.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No they HAVE burned as you can see in the pictures, It's a burnt 1000. Which is why the pics haven't been removed.

Just have no idea what the cause was. No real details are shared.

Just a lot of belligerent posts and cussing, and more cussing because the auto-censor wouldn't let them cuss.

Flies with honey, sewage with sewage.
I see that they have burned, but zero documentation as to why. So in my book, that don't count.

Reactions: Luv4Chaos1
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yea, regardless of why/how it burnt up, to not have insurance on a $15k machine is just irresponsible.
Exactly...i said it on here before bit I'll say it again. I don't drive my truck without insurance....i have less in my truck than the pioneer...no way I'd run it with no insurance

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I dunno guys...I have all the insurance to make my rig street legal, but I do own it outright and if I run it off a cliff or it burns to the ground, it's still mine. For a $15k rig, I'm gonna take the risk...if it burns, hopefully Honda will be in the picture big-time. Anything else...it's on me acting responsibly or irresponsibly. Irresponsibly on my part...it would not be right to pass it on. Know what I mean?? Just say'n

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I dunno guys...I have all the insurance to make my rig street legal, but I do own it outright and if I run it off a cliff or it burns to the ground, it's still mine. For a $15k rig, I'm gonna take the risk...if it burns, hopefully Honda will be in the picture big-time. Anything else...it's on me acting responsibly or irresponsibly. Irresponsibly on my part...it would not be right to pass it on. Know what I mean?? Just say'n

I don't count on corporations acting out of the goodness of their heart. They are for-profit entities, it's about the dollar.

I'll spend $20 on a lotto ticket if I'm in a state that has it, but I'm not betting $15-20k that anyone is going to take care of me...but me. So I have adequate insurance, it gives me the warm and fuzzies knowing if all my expensive stuff burnt up tonight. I'd get a nice fat check to buy new stuff. If I won the lottery I'd cancel all my insurance except personal liability, I'd want to keep my lotto winnings.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
See this is causing a stur on the FB.
Still. Lots of hostility from the poster with very little answers.

I did noticed for "not having any accessories" there is a lot of wires hanging from the drivers side.View attachment 50960

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Another question .... are we supposed to believe the fire got hot enough to vaporize the radiator?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I have seen one fire that hot and there was a pool of aluminum on the ground .... not sure I see that here. But I'll give the benefit of the doubt.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have seen one fire that hot and there was a pool of aluminum on the ground .... not sure I see that here. But I'll give the benefit of the doubt.

I don't have my books that had all that info in them anymore. Metallurgy is very interesting and chemistry is fun.

I know slabs of aluminum will pool up in a fire but I've never seen a pool of aluminum after a night of 20 people drinking beer and throwing it in a firepit. However I have seen cans melted down into aluminum ingots.

Probably has to do with an oxidation reaction (which is actually what fire is, an oxidation reaction that produces intense heat to sustain itself as long as there is something else to oxidize) that breaks the thinner aluminum down into a powder which i guess could be considered ash.

Someone who is smarter than me and remembers all that stuff needs to fact check that.

New Aluminum Ford Truck
14e1d965ca0ee34018fd2168cf0a3f7d

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
If you screw up, own it learn from it and move on, whether you're the consumer or manufacturer. It's not right to hurt someone else for your mistake.
It's about doing what's right, not what's easy.

Souldn't that also apply to all the skeptical keyboard warriors that spent dozens of post doubting the pic was P1K, then once proven wrong don't even have the integrity to admit it? Sure there is some shady trolls here and there, just as much as there is new people who may not express themselves clearly so they essentially get called a liar by a handful of members because the new guy can't back up immediately to the questioning parties satisfaction? Thats just wrong. You can always call someone out, but make sure you yourself are correct.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It's unfortunate to say the least. And I feel for anyone loosing there rig in a fire.

Jenna's picture did in fact turn out to be a Pioneer. And the bars seen are of the bed extender in the up position.

Because Jenna failed to provide any details and was not capable of replying appropriatly, her time here has been cut off as the profanity filter is now maxed out on her account.

It's sad for sure. But you can clearly see why the first picture was questioned by so many. However take a look at a after picture showing a modified Pioneer with many electrical modifications.

Though we may not receive any more details on this issue it is important to note:

* ALL MACHINES WILL BURN.

* BUY INSURANCE BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!

Thanks.
View attachment 48579

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
Profanity max, ow poop! This is why I'm so reluctant to do electrical mods and transmission issues.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In these cases where the vehicle burns completely to the ground and there is no evidence of a manufacturing or design flaw causing the fire, then vehicle manufacturers will continue to act in the best interest of their shareholders to deny/limit their liability.
You are well within your rights to not carry insurance. However, I would point out that "hope" is not a plan, and I wouldn't expect there to be many sympathetic ears when you lose your $15k wager.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!