P1000 Fire pioneer 1000-3

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
No mainly dirt roads !!! It crazy, I have no clue why this happened, but I am so upset. Thanks, I will call my insurance and ask !!!!

With mostly dirt roads and such it might have been a poor assembly job or a oil/gas leak but I bet you will have a hard time proving that with the machine burnt to the frame. :(

Unless Honda knows of a particular assembly issue/component or dealer setup issue that is causing a problem like what Polaris had with their voltage regulators and heat shield designs. But the incidents of Pioneers catching on fire are really, really low considering the number of units out in the field. (Unlike the Polaris problem)

You might also want to join and post on the Honda Pioneer 1000 Riders group on Facebook. There are more owners there. You can also search their post history but unfortunately a lot of posts either drop off or get deleted so it isn't as good of a resource as this forum is.

J

Jenna2016

Jul 7, 2017
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Again, why the hell don't you people get insurance so it covers it as soon as you sign the paper!!! I just don't get it.

Right now the answer is DUMB ! I guess I figured I had time with damn brand new SXS . They never even mention getting insurance that day at the dealership and I bought the extended warranty. We only use it around the house ! Thought I had time, but lesson learned the hard way...............

J

Jenna2016

Jul 7, 2017
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
With mostly dirt roads and such it might have been a poor assembly job or a oil/gas leak but I bet you will have a hard time proving that with the machine burnt to the frame. :(

Unless Honda knows of a particular assembly issue/component or dealer setup issue that is causing a problem like what Polaris had with their voltage regulators and heat shield designs. But the incidents of Pioneers catching on fire are really, really low considering the number of units out in the field. (Unlike the Polaris problem)

You might also want to join and post on the Honda Pioneer 1000 Riders group on Facebook. There are more owners there. You can also search their post history but unfortunately a lot of posts either drop off or get deleted so it isn't as good of a resource as this forum is.[/QU

Thanks ! I am just hoping for the best outcome for my family .

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
This is the only other one that I have seen anything about from the Facebook group:

Just a heads up, not a bad idea to check you throttle bodies and the boots they attach to, apparently a few came out of factory not being seated in the correct position of the boot, and if enough pressure builds up the bodies can be pushed out, this happened to mine about a month ago, mine ended up popping out causing it to run super lean, sounded like it had blown the exhaust manifold off it was so loud, ended up back firing through the throttle bodies and catching the fuel it had sprayed on fire, lucky I was home when it happened and was able to put it out before it burnt down taking my house with it , it was the 2017 models with the issue

it happened as I pulled into my yard, I was trying to get it in garage and it died, as I was trying to start it that's when it back fired catching on fire, I only had 10 miles on it at the time

His had a very specific problem though, did you notice anything similar while riding yours and was yours a 2017 model or 2016?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I noticed that as well. And the ROPS is much narrower than the body ..... hmmm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kinda like this....

A7d9f836ddc13804d1b0030f9caaa881

J

Jenna2016

Jul 7, 2017
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This is the only other one that I have seen anything about from the Facebook group:

Just a heads up, not a bad idea to check you throttle bodies and the boots they attach to, apparently a few came out of factory not being seated in the correct position of the boot, and if enough pressure builds up the bodies can be pushed out, this happened to mine about a month ago, mine ended up popping out causing it to run super lean, sounded like it had blown the exhaust manifold off it was so loud, ended up back firing through the throttle bodies and catching the fuel it had sprayed on fire, lucky I was home when it happened and was able to put it out before it burnt down taking my house with it , it was the 2017 models with the issue

it happened as I pulled into my yard, I was trying to get it in garage and it died, as I was trying to start it that's when it back fired catching on fire, I only had 10 miles on it at the time

His had a very specific problem though, did you notice anything similar while riding yours and was yours a 2017 model or 2016?

I am not really sure ! I would have to ask my husband . Thank you for the information.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Isn't the rear ROPS on a RZR higher than the front?

View attachment 48328

View attachment 48329

Those tires also don't appear to be Bighorn 2.0s. They look like Swamp/Mudlite/paddle style mud tires that may or may not have more than factory offset.

No idea, still not a Pioneer there's no sweeping radius left to right on their ROPS

Maybe a ranger ?

Not a mule or kubota

J

Jenna2016

Jul 7, 2017
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Listen I just wrote on here trying to get the other person who buggy burnt to contact me ! I know what damn buggy I bought and can care less if you believe me . (2016 Honda Pioneer) I am the one stuck with the payments for the next 5 years .

Reactions: drfubar
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Unless it was an aftermarket/homemade cage @ohanacreek is right. The rops tubing is bent from a pillar to the b pillar or front to back. And not from side to side like the rig in the picture.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Reactions: moparornocar
J

Jenna2016

Jul 7, 2017
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well this will be the last time I post on here ! If the owner of the Honda Pioneer 1000 that burnt reads this will you please message me. For all you other idiots who don't believe me. We have several friends that have same buggy and same ROPS !!!! Maybe it the angle of the picture, IDK but I know what the hell I bought and don't need to explain s*** to none of you ! Have a great day.

I also know why now the other guy didn't write back !;)

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Listen I just wrote on here trying to get the other person who buggy burnt to contact me ! I know what damn buggy I bought and can care less if you believe me . (2016 Honda Pioneer) I am the one stuck with the payments for the next 5 years .

Did it have a custom roll cage? cause that ain't a PIONEER role cage in the flames, there's a left to right radius where there isn't on a Pioneer ROPS.

Would honestly need to see more pictures before and after flame job to believe you. I'm sure you took some before it looks like at least the wheels and tires are different and after just because of the aftermath.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did it have a custom roll cage? cause that ain't a PIONEER role cage in the flames, there's a left to right radius where there isn't on a Pioneer ROPS.

Would honestly need to see more pictures before and after flame job to believe you. I'm sure you took some before it looks like at least the wheels and tires are different and after just because of the aftermath.

I'm searching every SXS I know and I can't find a single one with a radius on the roll cage left to right.

Actually looks a lot like a VW dune buggy or a Jeep they both have radius corners left to right.

798c0688737f9524cbc39cdb83ea7e69

Reactions: moparornocar
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Upload 2017 7 7 15 51 15

Could it be that the rear cage is what is more visible due to the flames? The Pioneer has round cage on the back.

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Well this will be the last time I post on here ! If the owner of the Honda Pioneer 1000 that burnt reads this will you please message me. For all you other idiots who don't believe me. We have several friends that have same buggy and same ROPS !!!! Maybe it the angle of the picture, IDK but I know what the hell I bought and don't need to explain s*** to none of you ! Have a great day.

I also know why now the other guy didn't write back !;)

Back off on the attitude and post some charred frame pictures and prove everyone wrong!
You got eyes look at the one and ONLY picture you posted it does NOT look like a Pioneer 1000 could be wrong though.

Pioneers can and do burn, if you watch the savage sales they do occasionally show up but it is unlikely for them to be driving down a paved road and catch fire like a local RZR turbo did.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 48341

Could it be that the rear cage is what is more visible due to the flames? The Pioneer has round cage on the back.

I would accept that theory, BUT there are clearly two radiused hoops with a cross bar in between. I feel like I have seen that layout on a full size vehicle of some sort. Also the image appears to be a screen shot or a image from a very OLD iPhone based on size, and proportion.

I want to feel bad for Jenna2016 but the details don't add up, we've discussed this before I like facts they don't lie. This thread always "fires" up but when more information is asked it goes out real quick or the poster gets mad that we don't believe a vague picture and sketchy details. If you or @drfubar, hell any member that had been a member for more than 10mins, posted a picture of your rig in flames, I'd feel bad. I might even offer for you to co-pilot for a while. BUT, the first post of these posters are all horror stories and vague details.

The first one was at least clearly a Pioneer even if the details were as sketchy as insurance fraud.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!