Reactions: CumminsPusher
Manshoon

Manshoon

Jul 5, 2016
Eastern Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Do not currently own
I can attest to the fact that Honda builders have their moments, or the whole Friday, Monday syndrome comes into play. I went to install a KFI winch mount on my new P3,1000 when I went to take the right side, out of the two bolts, the only two bolts that hold the front differential mount to the frame. The bolt came out crooked and cross threaded.

Because the mechanic probably didn't feel it when his air gun ratcheted that side down.

I was lucky enough that I was able to use a brand new tap to clean up the threads. Enough to use as Grade 8 bolt and some Red lock tight, knowing I won't ever remove that bolt again. To the OP, I get it, Honda does have their moments, quality issues that get passed off to the consumer all the time. The air bag and seat belt issues on the Honda accords anyone ?

Just because it didn't happen to you, or your best friend, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I am glad no one got hurt in this incident.

H

HondaTech

I can attest to the fact that Honda builders have their moments, or the whole Friday, Monday syndrome comes into play. I went to install a KFI winch mount on my new P3,1000 when I went to take the right side, out of the two bolts, the only two bolts that hold the front differential mount to the frame. The bolt came out crooked and cross threaded.

Because the mechanic probably didn't feel it when his air gun ratcheted that side down.

I was lucky enough that I was able to use a brand new tap to clean up the threads. Enough to use as Grade 8 bolt and some Red lock tight, knowing I won't ever remove that bolt again. To the OP, I get it, Honda does have their moments, quality issues that get passed off to the consumer all the time. The air bag and seat belt issues on the Honda accords anyone ?

Just because it didn't happen to you, or your best friend, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I am glad no one got hurt in this incident.
Why did remove diff mounts bolts to install winch? If it was a bumper bolt those are installed by the dealer and we've had problems with the torque Honda gives not being tight and the bumpers feeling loose. We have tightened them up a little more than recommended but I've seen a couple hammered down.

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Here in CO., if you have insurance on a vehicle and buy another vehicle, the new vehicle is automatically insured for (I think) two weeks or a month.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Nic

Nic

Dec 9, 2016
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here in CO., if you have insurance on a vehicle and buy another vehicle, the new vehicle is automatically insured for (I think) two weeks or a month.

Yeah 30 days here in oregon. Not sure if that applies to sxs though.

Jamesgang

Jamesgang

Jan 29, 2017
Kitzmiller, Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just purchased mine through Honda. Dealer said that I did not need ins. Through Honda witch I thought was unusual. I purchased ins. Anyway. The ins. Co. Wanted an address for loan. Call dealer and he said there was no address for ins. Co. To send check too. He also said if ins. Needed to call and talk to him they could. The ins. Co. Just said that was fine and left it at that.

Reactions: ohanacreek
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just purchased mine through Honda. Dealer said that I did not need ins. Through Honda witch I thought was unusual. I purchased ins. Anyway. The ins. Co. Wanted an address for loan. Call dealer and he said there was no address for ins. Co. To send check too. He also said if ins. Needed to call and talk to him they could. The ins. Co. Just said that was fine and left it at that.

Not a smart move to not have insurance on a 20k ride. Stolen, house fire, wreck and you're screwed.

I

illusiveaudio

Dec 14, 2016
Vero Beach, Florida (US)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
at the gas tank or at least look like it. who would think a Honda, whick I have had all my life would burn down like it did. this was the third time I rode it around. the two other times I had other people in it, I never took in the mud or high grass and most of the time I was under 25mph. feeling the heat on my back, when I turn around after feeling it there were flames about a foot high above the tailgate and the underneath was also burning. the bike was a little dust and had a few pieces of cow poop in the fender wells. as you can see then was no big piles of burned ashes or pile of mud. I don't know what happened but it wasn't anything I did. the bike was completely factory. I had the dealership install a roof and windshield and that was it. why would I do this when all I ask Honda at first was for another one, I really like the bike and would get another one if Honda would do something for me. there no dent or bent metal on the bike so you can tell that it wasn't wreck. it was 3 weeks old Christ sake

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
at the gas tank or at least look like it. who would think a Honda, whick I have had all my life would burn down like it did. this was the third time I rode it around. the two other times I had other people in it, I never took in the mud or high grass and most of the time I was under 25mph. feeling the heat on my back, when I turn around after feeling it there were flames about a foot high above the tailgate and the underneath was also burning. the bike was a little dust and had a few pieces of cow poop in the fender wells. as you can see then was no big piles of burned ashes or pile of mud. I don't know what happened but it wasn't anything I did. the bike was completely factory. I had the dealership install a roof and windshield and that was it. why would I do this when all I ask Honda at first was for another one, I really like the bike and would get another one if Honda would do something for me. there no dent or bent metal on the bike so you can tell that it wasn't wreck. it was 3 weeks old Christ sake
You intermittently post. You provided no response to the valid questions and input here. Why should anyone here take your claim seriously?

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What questions do you want to know the answer to?

I've got 2 questions - what dealer did you purchase from, and did you contact them to let them know your Pioneer burned down?

Waylan

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!