elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Souldn't that also apply to all the skeptical keyboard warriors that spent dozens of post doubting the pic was P1K, then once proven wrong don't even have the integrity to admit it? Sure there is some shady trolls here and there, just as much as there is new people who may not express themselves clearly so they essentially get called a liar by a handful of members because the new guy can't back up immediately to the questioning parties satisfaction? Thats just wrong. You can always call someone out, but make sure you yourself are correct.

Yup. I was one that doubted it. But is also fessed up I was wrong when the explanation came ....

That attitude come as part of my job. Try not to make mistakes, but when you do, make sure you point them out, and shine a bright light on them so everyone can learn from it ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I dunno guys...I have all the insurance to make my rig street legal, but I do own it outright and if I run it off a cliff or it burns to the ground, it's still mine. For a $15k rig, I'm gonna take the risk...if it burns, hopefully Honda will be in the picture big-time. Anything else...it's on me acting responsibly or irresponsibly. Irresponsibly on my part...it would not be right to pass it on. Know what I mean?? Just say'n
That's why we pay for insurance. Don't worry, if you screw up and file a claim, you will still be held accountable when rate renewals come due.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Souldn't that also apply to all the skeptical keyboard warriors that spent dozens of post doubting the pic was P1K, then once proven wrong don't even have the integrity to admit it? Sure there is some shady trolls here and there, just as much as there is new people who may not express themselves clearly so they essentially get called a liar by a handful of members because the new guy can't back up immediately to the questioning parties satisfaction? Thats just wrong. You can always call someone out, but make sure you yourself are correct.
I still see pics of several burnt sxs which appear to be Pioneers, still nobody has posted a pic of the rig before it torched, and of the three or so claimed fires, none of them are from a member with more that 2 posts, nobody had insurance, nobody had any good reason why they may have burnt, and none of them have been willing to elaborate on the circumstances leading to the fire. When I have a reason to eat crow, I'll take it with A-1. Im still not convinced that any of them are legit.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I still see pics of several burnt sxs which appear to be Pioneers, still nobody has posted a pic of the rig before it torched, and of the three or so claimed fires, none of them are from a member with more that 2 posts, nobody had insurance, nobody had any good reason why they may have burnt, and none of them have been willing to elaborate on the circumstances leading to the fire. When I have a reason to eat crow, I'll take it with A-1. Im still not convinced that any of them are legit.
Of course they are this is the WEB. I don't get trolls,must be very unhappy people.

Reactions: moparornocar
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
In posts #1 & [HASHTAG]#129[/HASHTAG] that is undeniably a burnt out P1K. There is only one machine on the market that has that triangle shaped metal backing the passenger headrest and anchor point for center seat belt. I found it in under 5 minutes online. I guess it depends if a person is committed to finding the truth, or trying to disprove it.
Download

9cc625da849c7b1c401e4c17cc4dfac5

2016 honda pioneer 1000 5 frame engine atv sxs utv

IMG 20170707 171109047

Reactions: Cuoutdoors
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
In posts #1 & [HASHTAG]#129[/HASHTAG] that is undeniably a burnt out P1K. There is only one machine on the market that has that triangle shaped metal backing the passenger headrest and anchor point for center seat belt. I found it in under 5 minutes online. I guess it depends if a person is committed to finding the truth, or trying to disprove it.
View attachment 51020
View attachment 51021
View attachment 51022
View attachment 51023
I don't think anyone was questioning whether it is a Honda P1, I think they were questioning the cause of the fire. Could be a bad marriage, went south.

Reactions: knuckledeep
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I don't think anyone was questioning whether it is a Honda P1, I think they were questioning the cause of the fire. Could be a bad marriage, went south.
Well yes, could be anything (or reason) not related to the machine in OEM condition. Even on this one pic, look at the drivers side, certainly appears pushed way back. But wouldn't get why someone would torch it without insurance. Now if you crashed it and bent frame, A arms n all and wanted a new machine I guess that would be one way to get insurance to cover it.
IMG 20170707 171109047

Reactions: 0860silverado
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well yes, could be anything (or reason) not related to the machine in OEM condition. Even on this one pic, look at the drivers side, certainly appears pushed way back. But wouldn't get why someone would torch it without insurance. Now if you crashed it and bent frame, A arms n all and wanted a new machine I guess that would be one way to get insurance to cover it.
View attachment 51046
I've quit guessing about peoples motives, takes you into an endless circle, unless you think like them.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 51046
Could have been stupid drunk or stoned, maybe both!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 51046
Would like to see a side view, it's hit hard on the left side, tie rod?

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I don't have my books that had all that info in them anymore. Metallurgy is very interesting and chemistry is fun.

I know slabs of aluminum will pool up in a fire but I've never seen a pool of aluminum after a night of 20 people drinking beer and throwing it in a firepit. However I have seen cans melted down into aluminum ingots.

Probably has to do with an oxidation reaction (which is actually what fire is, an oxidation reaction that produces intense heat to sustain itself as long as there is something else to oxidize) that breaks the thinner aluminum down into a powder which i guess could be considered ash.

Someone who is smarter than me and remembers all that stuff needs to fact check that.

New Aluminum Ford Truck
View attachment 50999
Dayum!!! That looks very very bad.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Honda ROPS doesn't have that shape.
Ohhhhh I see now. Her pic was taken from the REAR of the burning P1K that had it's bed extender up. The square ROPS of the P1K is engulfed in the flames and not visible in the pic. I too thought, "that ain't a P1K ROPS".

Reactions: JTW and joeymt33

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 51046
Think about it... There's a VERY GOOD reason for torching a machine without insurance. After you crash and crumple it up, you remember that you have no insurance so you torch it, hope that the crumpled up part melts down and claim, "I was just riding along and WHOOSH!!!! My factory defective Honda burnt to the ground. Give me another one. Thanks." They should've at least straightened out the front end a little and set the wheels straight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Think about it... There's a VERY GOOD reason for torching a machine without insurance. After you crash and crumple it up, you remember that you have no insurance so you torch it, hope that the crumpled up part melts down and claim, "I was just riding along and WHOOSH!!!! My factory defective Honda burnt to the ground. Give me another one. Thanks." They should've at least straightened out the front end a little and set the wheels straight.
You would think! DUGH!

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I don't have my books that had all that info in them anymore. Metallurgy is very interesting and chemistry is fun.

I know slabs of aluminum will pool up in a fire but I've never seen a pool of aluminum after a night of 20 people drinking beer and throwing it in a firepit. However I have seen cans melted down into aluminum ingots.

Probably has to do with an oxidation reaction (which is actually what fire is, an oxidation reaction that produces intense heat to sustain itself as long as there is something else to oxidize) that breaks the thinner aluminum down into a powder which i guess could be considered ash.

Someone who is smarter than me and remembers all that stuff needs to fact check that.

New Aluminum Ford Truck
View attachment 50999
Rest assured Ford fans...this Blue Oval will be back on the road in no time! (I'm talking about the plastic blue oval that reads "Ford" on the tailgate. It can be salvaged). Sorry...couldn't resist. I like those new Fords.

SheepCreekAK

SheepCreekAK

Apr 20, 2016
Anchorage Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There's no real way to know, all we can do is guess.
I know that banks are a little different everywhere but when i got the loan for mine they put insurance on it tell i provided proof that i had insurance on it. maybe something for them to look at if they had a loan. electrical work is not something you want to half ass if that was a cause. i would be VARY upset to say the least if this happened to me.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know that banks are a little different everywhere but when i got the loan for mine they put insurance on it tell i provided proof that i had insurance on it. maybe something for them to look at if they had a loan. electrical work is not something you want to half ass if that was a cause. i would be VARY upset to say the least if this happened to me.

Strangely Honda Finance doesn't require insurance, at least not on my 700. Maybe they do now don't know.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!