P700 First Service

Badfish43

Badfish43

Jun 6, 2018
Gainesville, FL
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just wondering, what is the going rate for the first service on a 700-4 ?

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Around here they are going to hit you up for about 100 bucks maybe More in FL.
25 for oil
10 for filter
45 hour for the service
20 for oil disposal
And you have to take it there.
Can be done for 30 bucks by yourself and it's pretty easy

Badfish43

Badfish43

Jun 6, 2018
Gainesville, FL
Ownership

1. 700-4
Around here they are going to hit you up for about 100 bucks maybe More in FL.
25 for oil
10 for filter
45 hour for the service
20 for oil disposal
And you have to take it there.
Can be done for 30 bucks by yourself and it's pretty easy
I was quoted 557.00 for the service, I asked them why so high and was told they check all the fluids change oil and do a valve adjustment.

jinx

jinx

Sep 27, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
From what I’ve been told by most around here is the dealers change the oil/filter and the rest is pretty much just looking and listening.
I just did the first oil change on ours earlier this spring. Cleaned the air filter and checked the fluids.
At 2nd service I may change the diff fluids and check the valves.

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I was quoted 557.00 for the service, I asked them why so high and was told they check all the fluids change oil and do a valve adjustment.
Wow that's insanely high. I had my dealer do my valves at 1300 miles and I paid 285 for them to tell me it was in specs. I just did itself thanks to the great detailed valve adjustment guides on this sight and it was free and costed me a torque wrench I bought and 2 hours taking my time.
A lot of us guys are not mechanics on here but We can't pay 500 bucks for something as easy as checking things out. These machines appear to be complex and tricky but once you pop off the plastics and read the helpful detailed advise of the others who post their how toos. It's actually very common sense and easy stuff that makes you kick yourself for having paid a dealer to do what you could do all along.If you ever changed you car oil then this is piece of cake.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow that's insanely high. I had my dealer do my valves at 1300 miles and I paid 285 for them to tell me it was in specs. I just did itself thanks to the great detailed valve adjustment guides on this sight and it was free and costed me a torque wrench I bought and 2 hours taking my time.
A lot of us guys are not mechanics on here but We can't pay 500 bucks for something as easy as checking things out. These machines appear to be complex and tricky but once you pop off the plastics and read the helpful detailed advise of the others who post their how toos. It's actually very common sense and easy stuff that makes you kick yourself for having paid a dealer to do what you could do all along.If you ever changed you car oil then this is piece of cake.
If you are comfortable changing oil I say go do it. If the valve check is above your comfort level, either send it to the dealer, or find a local member to walk you thru it.

Reactions: swsebek and Mudwing
Badfish43

Badfish43

Jun 6, 2018
Gainesville, FL
Ownership

1. 700-4
I agree the price is nuts. I’m going to change the oil myself check all the fluid levels and ride. Oh and call the dealer and cancel my appointment.

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
How many miles you have now?

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Badfish43

Badfish43

Jun 6, 2018
Gainesville, FL
Ownership

1. 700-4
Reactions: Tflynn
B

BKelly

May 7, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'll wade in here as I just had my first service done--by my dealer. They charge 5 hours at $85 an hour. So I asked, what do you do for 5 hours? It appears they do everything on the Maintenance chart "required" plus most items with * or ** on it that are not required on first service. Plus they change, not check, differential fluids. They said with the gears in the pioneer its almost impossible not to have some fillings after 20 hours (they also said ignore 100 miles; hours count more so get it close to 20 hours). This actually makes sense to me and was the same thing I did with my Kubota Tractor when it was new for the same reason; though that was 50 hours and I did the work. Anyway, yes it was pricey, but I wanted the first go over to be by someone familiar with the pioneer (my first utv). I really appreciate the links provided above and all the folks on this forum to help though. I'll be doing more of my own work in the future and look forward to using the links and looking to others for assistance. Thank you.

rllackey28

rllackey28

Aug 20, 2018
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know this is an older thread and I have a 1000 but I'm getting ready for the 1st service and was searching because I was quoted about that same price of $550ish. I thought it was crazy.

tradosaurus

tradosaurus

Jun 2, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Funny. I just called yesterday on mine it's nearly $700 with the valve adjustment as well.
They must be charging the majority of the costs toward the valve adjustment, which takes less than 30 minutes if you've done it before. And that's actually adjusting the two valves. If the valves are in spec then I'm sure you would be charged anyway.

Reactions: Buggyman
RobinAZ

RobinAZ

Jan 26, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. 700-4
They must be charging the majority of the costs toward the valve adjustment, which takes less than 30 minutes if you've done it before. And that's actually adjusting the two valves. If the valves are in spec then I'm sure you would be charged anyway.
1st love the Tradorus pic. Yes, they said it was the extra cost for the valves. I’m thinking about doing it myself.

Reactions: Buggyman

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!