Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
It might be the other way around. With my stock tires I was really going 38 when it said 42, with the 26" the speedo is dead on...
That's interesting. Did you check that with a car or an app on your phone or what?

Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 17137 View attachment 17139 View attachment 17141 View attachment 17142 Haha. Ok so I disconnected my sway bar. Left the cabin for the 5 mile run to the NF. First a couple miles on gravel then rural asphalt road. No real discernible difference there. Didn't really feel the "drift" that some have mentioned. Once in the NF and on the abandoned logging roads (which are overgrown and rutted out to merely trails now) I began to feel the difference. It is as though the rear spring/shock assemblies are working independent so the ride feels more like (but not completely like) my PoPo, it seemed to float over the ruts and bumps and rocks. Mama noticed it right off.

In the 50 miles we did Saturday, I navigated through multiple off camber events, the kind that always lifted one wheel off the ground, but this time I kept my wheels on the ground. In one particular place we both were certain this was it, but it stayed upright, to both our surprise.

So, I still can't see why it has a sway bar, but for the time being, I'll leave it on but disconnected and wired up (yeah, the zip ties both broke) and continue to experiment with it before I'm certain enough to remove it altogether.

One other thing. Sunday's ride was to the Ouachita river where we finally found a piece of bank that we could negotiate down in and back out without winching. But running in the river, the Yellow Jacket had difficulties a couple times, and once, the Red Wasp had to winch him out. He said, "that's it, I've got to get new tires"! Oh, and on Saturdays ride, he clocked 50 miles while I clocked 45!!!! So, those of us with larger tires than stock are not accumulating accurate mileage. Oh, and I lost the pig tail off my receiver, the hook off my winch cable, and the scabbard off my chainsaw. :(

Any way, I have an overall positive review of the sway bar disconnect but will continue experimentation with it.

A few pics over the weekend.

View attachment 17137 View attachment 17139 View attachment 17141 View attachment 17142

Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Outstanding,my only test is to see how my ultra light trailer effects it. But it won't be enough im sure to ever put it back on

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Outstanding,my only test is to see how my ultra light trailer effects it. But it won't be enough im sure to ever put it back on
Yes, that will be good to know. I had thought that I'd leave it on but disconnected. Not sure about that now. The zip ties failed and I had to wire it. Not really liking it being there if its not going to be used. I'm nearly certain that I'll be removing it, but I just want a few more rides under my belt coming in thinking yeah, this is definitely the way to go.

Reactions: trigger
Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Yes, that will be good to know. I had thought that I'd leave it on but disconnected. Not sure about that now. The zip ties failed and I had to wire it. Not really liking it being there if its not going to be used. I'm nearly certain that I'll be removing it, but I just want a few more rides under my belt coming in thinking yeah, this is definitely the way to go.
Completely get it, yeah I was gonna zip tie as well then could foresee it coming loose, and not that it could I didn't want any thing damaged accidentally do to it bouncing around in their. I put on 145 miles in 2 days without it. On to new mods, building my back window now, almost done with it.

Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
As mentioned I put those 4 bolts. Back on the frame just to keep the gram clean and the threads in good shape.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Completely get it, yeah I was gonna zip tie as well then could foresee it coming loose, and not that it could I didn't want any thing damaged accidentally do to it bouncing around in their. I put on 145 miles in 2 days without it. On to new mods, building my back window now, almost done with it.
Dude, I'm running but I can't keep up, back window!!! Oh well, guess I'll sleep when I'm dead, lol.

Reactions: Stacy
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
As mentioned I put those 4 bolts. Back on the frame just to keep the gram clean and the threads in good shape.
Indubitably. I'll be doing that too when I remove it. Thanks for all your input on this, and all you've done.

Reactions: Stacy
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Lol... Request from wife
That's cool, although I don't hear or see much about her riding. You sure this isn't a little bit Stacy, lol?

Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
That's cool, although I don't hear or see much about her riding. You sure this isn't a little bit Stacy, lol?
K you got me, last week a friend on his 570 razor suggested it to help with the dust. So she did agree anything to help. I ordered a bunch of the Honda roll bar clamps and got a piece of goo acrylic. We'll see what happens.

Reactions: ehart814
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
K you got me, last week a friend on his 570 razor suggested it to help with the dust. So she did agree anything to help. I ordered a bunch of the Honda roll bar clamps and got a piece of goo acrylic. We'll see what happens.
Haha, umhmm! I've seen your work, I know what'll happen. I'll be patiently waiting for the pictures.

Reactions: ehart814
Talen

Talen

Aug 7, 2015
Central PA
View attachment 17137 View attachment 17139 View attachment 17141 View attachment 17142 Haha. Ok so I disconnected my sway bar. Left the cabin for the 5 mile run to the NF. First a couple miles on gravel then rural asphalt road. No real discernible difference there. Didn't really feel the "drift" that some have mentioned. Once in the NF and on the abandoned logging roads (which are overgrown and rutted out to merely trails now) I began to feel the difference. It is as though the rear spring/shock assemblies are working independent so the ride feels more like (but not completely like) my PoPo, it seemed to float over the ruts and bumps and rocks. Mama noticed it right off.

In the 50 miles we did Saturday, I navigated through multiple off camber events, the kind that always lifted one wheel off the ground, but this time I kept my wheels on the ground. In one particular place we both were certain this was it, but it stayed upright, to both our surprise.

So, I still can't see why it has a sway bar, but for the time being, I'll leave it on but disconnected and wired up (yeah, the zip ties both broke) and continue to experiment with it before I'm certain enough to remove it altogether.

One other thing. Sunday's ride was to the Ouachita river where we finally found a piece of bank that we could negotiate down in and back out without winching. But running in the river, the Yellow Jacket had difficulties a couple times, and once, the Red Wasp had to winch him out. He said, "that's it, I've got to get new tires"! Oh, and on Saturdays ride, he clocked 50 miles while I clocked 45!!!! So, those of us with larger tires than stock are not accumulating accurate mileage. Oh, and I lost the pig tail off my receiver, the hook off my winch cable, and the scabbard off my chainsaw. :(

Any way, I have an overall positive review of the sway bar disconnect but will continue experimentation with it.

A few pics over the weekend.

View attachment 17137 View attachment 17139 View attachment 17141 View attachment 17142
Check your speed with gps. Mine was off with stocks. With 26" it is actually accurate on mine. Now when it says 40 it is legit. So if your speed is now accurate, mileage will be accurate. I bet his is wrong

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Check your speed with gps. Mine was off with stocks. With 26" it is actually accurate on mine. Now when it says 40 it is legit. So if your speed is now accurate, mileage will be accurate. I bet his is wrong
Well you're the second one to suggest that Talen. I already posted that we both will check our speed with our phones this weekend. Thanks Talen, I hope you guys are right.

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
Well you're the second one to suggest that Talen. I already posted that we both will check our speed with our phones this weekend. Thanks Talen, I hope you guys are right.

Its almost like Honda designed these things for 26" tires then at the last minute to save money they went with 24", or maybe to lower center of gravity for safety. The gearing, speedo, fender clearance, brakes, appearance all seem like it was supposed to have bigger tires.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Its almost like Honda designed these things for 26" tires then at the last minute to save money they went with 24", or maybe to lower center of gravity for safety. The gearing, speedo, fender clearance, brakes, appearance all seem like it was supposed to have bigger tires.
I agree. That sxs looks really good with 26's, and sitting next to my buddies it's so apparent. They really do look a little funny with 24's. I have 26's so I'm hoping to find them accurate like you guys did. Thank you again.

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
What kind of trailer is that?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!