P500 Floats like a butterfly, stings like a .................Red Wasp

Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
What kind of trailer is that?
I'm building it out of aluminum, just trying to keep it robust & light as posibble at the same time. The frame & the tounge is complete, I'm building the box currently should have it completed in 2 weeks I hope.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm building it out of aluminum, just trying to keep it robust & light as posibble at the same time. The frame & the tounge is complete, I'm building the box currently should have it completed in 2 weeks I hope.
Do you have a day job lol? What axle and wheels/tires are you using?

Reactions: Stacy
Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Do you have a day job lol? What axle and wheels/tires are you using?
I have 4 front pioneer take offs, 2 from mine & one set from a friend. I'm building the axles out of tubing, I bought the 4/10 hubs from a atv parts/salvage yard. And the axle independent swing arms from a trailer supply store. I'm the main plant fabricator for my 9-5,lol I just have a great schedule and normally have lots of time off. All though this thing is cutting into my wildlife photography gig lol. All make up for it this fall!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have 4 front pioneer take offs, 2 from mine & one set from a friend. I'm building the axles out of tubing, I bought the 4/10 hubs from a atv parts/salvage yard. And the axle independent swing arms from a trailer supply store. I'm the main plant fabricator for my 9-5,lol I just have a great schedule and normally have lots of time off. All though this thing is cutting into my wildlife photography gig lol. All make up for it this fall!
You're a fabricator! Now it all makes sense. No wonder your ride looks like a queen.....whatever that was that ehart called it. Even building the axle. That's really cool Stacy. I'm a carpenter and I'm having difficulties letting my talents shine forth on the P5 lol. When you get it done and post pics, please include some of the undercarriage. Are you going to have the trailer powder coated blue? :)

Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
You're a fabricator! Now it all makes sense. No wonder your ride looks like a queen.....whatever that was that ehart called it. Even building the axle. That's really cool Stacy. I'm a carpenter and I'm having difficulties letting my talents shine forth on the P5 lol. When you get it done and post pics, please include some of the undercarriage. Are you going to have the trailer powder coated blue? :)
Yes their will be a small degree of color matching, I've been told I'm ocd more than once, but I'm ok with that. I beleive if it's worth doing, do it once and make it count! I will do a brief detailed documentation of the build.

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Btw, I'll be on the trail again this weekend, I'm hoping that I'll be finished with my test and ready to completely remove the sway bar and hang it in the garage.

Reactions: Tflynn and Stacy
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yes their will be a small degree of color matching, I've been told I'm ocd more than once, but I'm ok with that. I beleive if it's worth doing, do it once and make it count! I will do a brief detailed documentation of the build.
I like the pride in workmanship Stacy.

Reactions: trigger and Stacy
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
A few more pics from the weekends ride.

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm satisfied with the results of two weeks of testing and about 150 miles. I believe I'll completely remove the sway bar and hang it in the garage. I can diffinitively say that the ride and stability are both improved with it disconnected. I can see why everyone that has disconnected theirs loves it.

Image Image

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Just now caught that you said axles, plural. You're building a two axle trailer for your P5????

Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Just now caught that you said axles, plural. You're building a two axle trailer for your P5????
Lol hince the aluminum, very little metal. It won't be heavier in theory to a lightly built single metal trailer. I built one for a Yamaha rhino once before. And he now used it for his razor 570 and said it works great Need to be able to haul a full bull elk or moose.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Lol hince the aluminum, very little metal. It won't be heavier in theory to a lightly built single metal trailer. I built one for a Yamaha rhino once before. And he now used it for his razor 570 and said it works great Need to be able to haul a full bull elk or moose.
Diamond plate is ordered up for my skid plate. Went with powder coated black.
Hope I don't screw it up...that stuff's not cheap.

Reactions: Stacy
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Diamond plate is ordered up for my skid plate. Went with powder coated black.
Hope I don't screw it up...that stuff's not cheap.
You're the man, you can do it trig!!!

Reactions: trigger
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I used to have A Arm Guards that looked just like yours.
Yes you did you big kidder, snagged them when you were sleeping on the grande mesa.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!