Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My review it the Quick Shield in a P1K5 D Lux.
The setup: 2020 P1K5 D Lux
Full glass @SuperATV windshield with vents.
Honda soft mid panel.
9” radiator fan under seat.

1st ride at the 22 Take Over no shield
If I closed the mid panel I got no dust but lots of heat.
If I opened the panel lots of dust and air less heat.
Same thing as always with the pioneers.
Installed the Quick Shield that night.
Next day lead a group to the prison, train, and eternal flame, 14hr trip, (long story) the seat bottom eventually got warm but not hot, seems that most of the heat was directed up the back, but not hot… just warm.
If I had a flip up windshield and no rear panel that would’ve been even less.
As far as noise goes, it did help that some, but it wasn’t like it totally went away.
I did notice less dust in the cab area but that was due in part to the mid panel.
To sum it up, if you own a pioneer of any kind…
GET A QUICK SHIELD IT FRIGGIN WORKS GREAT!

Last edited:
GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
I think I seen you at Hardees Saturday morning but I didn't know for sure. We went with Jackal to prison and I agree heat was bad. I got a Trigger shield from Brian saturday night and it will be installed before next ride for sure. I did get a 4" bilge fan under my seat trays on the '22 but machine still got uncomfortably warm crawling rocks and low gear. I see a 1/2 windshield or flip up in my future

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think I seen you at Hardees Saturday morning but I didn't know for sure. We went with Jackal to prison and I agree heat was bad. I got a Trigger shield from Brian saturday night and it will be installed before next ride for sure. I did get a 4" bilge fan under my seat trays on the '22 but machine still got uncomfortably warm crawling rocks and low gear. I see a 1/2 windshield or flip up in my future
You guys were just leaving when I was pulling in, the install was easy, you WILL have to unbolt the center passer side seatbelt part that has the belt, but it’s easy to get to.
You will also need to remove the seat back and it’s a lot easier to put the seat back back on if you have help because you need to put the bolts through the Shield then into the seat back.
The Shield has all of the cutouts in the right place and all the slits for the seatbelt buckles to pass through in the right place.
Install probably takes 30 minutes to an hour working at at easy pace.
PLEASE NOTE:
Install may take longer if you have a friend over helping and there is beer involved.

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
You guys were just leaving when I was pulling in, the install was easy, you WILL have to unbolt the center passer side seatbelt part that has the belt, but it’s easy to get to.
You will also need to remove the seat back and it’s a lot easier to put the seat back back on if you have help because you need to put the bolts through the Shield then into the seat back.
The Shield has all of the cutouts in the right place and all the slits for the seatbelt buckles to pass through in the right place.
Install probably takes 30 minutes to an hour working at at easy pace.
PLEASE NOTE:
Install may take longer if you have a friend over helping and there is beer involved.
Thanks for the tip buddy! Anytime I do anything with alcohol involved usually results in me doing it over a second time the RIGHT WAY lol

G

Gohonda2

Supporting Member
Jul 5, 2022
Mississippi
Ownership

1. Talon R
My quick shield for my talon arrived today. Shipping was fast. Don’t know when I will get around to installing it, but I’m sure it will make a difference. The talon has so many holes behind the seats. For now we have been riding with the front windshield removed. Don’t notice much heat that way as long as we keep moving.

lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
My quick shield for my talon arrived today. Shipping was fast. Don’t know when I will get around to installing it, but I’m sure it will make a difference. The talon has so many holes behind the seats. For now we have been riding with the front windshield removed. Don’t notice much heat that way as long as we keep moving.
@Gohonda2 Picture when you install it please, and before you put the seats back in.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
@Gohonda2 Picture when you install it please, and before you put the seats back in.

Here's a couple from @aprils_fool machine, one of them is before he reinstalled the seat. No permanent alterations needed and should work with the seat riser mod that many are doing.

Talon Shield 3Talon Shield 4

advertisement
Luka

Luka

Sep 16, 2022
Wittenberg, WI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just installed the Quick Shield yesterday and took a long ride in north central Wisconsin. It was only 75 degrees, but this P700-4 Deluxe heats up quite fast. This heat shield made a huge difference in reducing heat and sound. The only heat we felt was a little through the slits for the seat belts. And we could talk to each other without yelling. The Quick Shield is well worth the investment, and so easy to install. Thanks to all who recommended it, and to trigger.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
With the heat shield install, is there still water drainage points underneath the seats?
I pointed out somewhere in the OG thread that I found two little pockets of water resting on the P5 shield after the first pressure wash I did. Took an awl and poked two little holes in it, never held water again.

nitrotmann

nitrotmann

Jan 18, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
@trigger I'd offer mine, but unfortunately, I don't imagine you are very close to Nampa, ID.

Dei hads no plans for the p1000-6 crew yet, so I've got a couple rolls of foiled fiberglass cloth waiting for me at home. I've got to seal everything yours should block. Looks like a good product.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!