jamesh

jamesh

Lifetime Member
Apr 11, 2019
DFW
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X4
Anybody using these from SuperATV on there Talon X model? Do the stock axles work okay with them? Do you use the steering stops? Any issues with axles binding or breaking?

Reactions: Smitty335
O

OzkMtnTalon

Jun 3, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Talon X
Anybody using these from SuperATV on there Talon X model? Do the stock axles work okay with them? Do you use the steering stops? Any issues with axles binding or breaking?
I have them on my X model stock axles are fine i did not use the steering stops and have no breakage or binding. Make sure to get the bushing kit as the stock ones to remove are a pain.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
What's the benefit?

Reactions: BWAF
O

OzkMtnTalon

Jun 3, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Talon X
What's the benefit?
The benefit is moving the arms forward by 1.5in to allow the clearance for bigger tires upto 34's on the X model with no rubbing, also you gain ground clearance as they are arched arms and for the last benefit it provides a little more wheelbase for a little better stability.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
The benefit is moving the arms forward by 1.5in to allow the clearance for bigger tires upto 34's on the X model with no rubbing, also you gain ground clearance as they are arched arms and for the last benefit it provides a little more wheelbase for a little better stability.
Thanks for the explanation, just curious :)

Reactions: Smitty335 and BWAF
cshluver

cshluver

May 30, 2019
Loveland CO
Ownership

1. Talon R
Just received SATV front a arms for Talon 1000 R. I had wanted to be able to adjust caster and camber plus wanted the additional clearance when first took them out of the box thought OMG these look great real beefy lots of steel, but after laying them next to existing A arm I realized that they made no provision to attach the brake lines. thought I must be missing something so carefully reviewed install video brake lines are not mentioned. I then viewed the heavy duty tie rod install and saw that their solution was to Zip tie, brake line to A arm this not only looks extremely tacky, but poses some extremely serious safety issues. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY !!!!! they should be embarrassed to put out such a product.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Just received SATV front a arms for Talon 1000 R. I had wanted to be able to adjust caster and camber plus wanted the additional clearance when first took them out of the box thought OMG these look great real beefy lots of steel, but after laying them next to existing A arm I realized that they made no provision to attach the brake lines. thought I must be missing something so carefully reviewed install video brake lines are not mentioned. I then viewed the heavy duty tie rod install and saw that their solution was to Zip tie, brake line to A arm this not only looks extremely tacky, but poses some extremely serious safety issues. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY !!!!! they should be embarrassed to put out such a product.

You're supposed to reuse your stock brake line clips and hardware.

Cat106 nc ohcJ8Vflv2OqnEAQm6bezhBrqjhctn6eFG7iLapqY1Ca5tch38sapRjpfFHw nc htscontent ort2 2

cshluver

cshluver

May 30, 2019
Loveland CO
Ownership

1. Talon R
You're supposed to reuse your stock brake line clips and hardware.

View attachment 175211
My measurements show When you attach the brake line to A arm drilled holes and extend the travel and turn the wheel it will stretch the line at both connection points in addition to running under the upper arm and between the tie rod.
A simple solution would have been to weld a clip similar to stock at front intersection of braces and front tube an inexpensive fix that would insure protection and enough travel.

cshluver

cshluver

May 30, 2019
Loveland CO
Ownership

1. Talon R
Drill and tap a hole..problem solved!
if there was a location that would allow a clean install, I would proceed as advised.
Again A simple solution would have been to weld a clip similar to stock at front intersection of braces and front tube an inexpensive fix that would insure protection and enough travel.
Other than no mounting bracket the A arms appear to be well built.

H

HondaTech

Maybe the arms move the line in such a way that permanent attaching is impossible with the stock line.

Zip tying may allow some movement incase the line gets tight when turning.

We had a similar issue with the first couple new generation trikes we've built. The front brake lines are too tight to fasten to the fork so we just left them loose. They arent loose enough to get caught in any pinch points.

cshluver

cshluver

May 30, 2019
Loveland CO
Ownership

1. Talon R
Maybe the arms move the line in such a way that permanent attaching is impossible with the stock line.

Zip tying may allow some movement incase the line gets tight when turning.

We had a similar issue with the first couple new generation trikes we've built. The front brake lines are too tight to fasten to the fork so we just left them loose. They arent loose enough to get caught in any pinch points.

O

OzkMtnTalon

Jun 3, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Talon X
20200109 165339
20200109 165346
20200109 165351
20200109 165401
I got my brake lines to connect to the satv arms with the factory hardware with no problems ill see about getting a picture. if i remember correctly i just had to swap sides with the little bracket that is on the brake line and there is a pre drilled hole on the a arms that fit the factory bolt.

Last edited:
Kevinka1977

Kevinka1977

Dec 31, 2018
Washington
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. Talon X
I have them on my X model stock axles are fine i did not use the steering stops and have no breakage or binding. Make sure to get the bushing kit as the stock ones to remove are a pain.
What size tires are you running? I put the steering stops in and it look a fair amount of turning out, I have 32” tires and don’t want to rub but want as much turning radius as I can keep!

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
What size tires are you running? I put the steering stops in and it look a fair amount of turning out, I have 32” tires and don’t want to rub but want as much turning radius as I can keep!

You should be fine with the 32"s not rubbing. We require the steering stops to protect your axles. Anytime you push them forward, it puts you more at risk for oversteering and possibly putting your axles in a bind or pinching a boot. Guys take them out and run without them all the time, but you have to be conscience of your axles at full knock and full drop or compression.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!