Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone change out their bushings on the eyelets of their fox shocks yet? I noticed this weekend i have a lot of play in mine to the point that it is time. would rather buy and service myself if possible and not have to send off to Fox

Edit to add : found how to order down below

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Anyone change out their bushings on the eyelets of their fox shocks yet? I noticed this weekend i have a lot of play in mine to the point that it is time. would rather buy and service myself if possible and not have to send off to Fox
Not yet, but I’d like to know where to buy them?

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OK folks, I have figured it out - if you are looking to get the Bushing for your Fox Shocks that you bought aftermarket you can go to the parts lookup for an LE model and they sell all the parts off of that
This one is from Rock mountain ATV

there are different parts for the front and the rear shocks or (cushions as they list them) and make sure you pick the ones for your model 5 seat or 3 seat .

Note it is about $50 is parts for each shock. $210 for all the components for front and back.

On backorder until Aug 10 so once it arrives i will post up here what i learn about replacing them .

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I have a slight update -
Still waiting on my original order as everything is still back ordered however ....

My Right Front shock bottom bushing was done and with a trip coming up to Moab I was looking everywhere to try and find a replacement. Just so happened that when @ohanacreek had to rebuild one of his shocks he ordered an extra set from Weller racing. now he had sold his shocks to @BWAF and included that extra Bushing set with them... So i called @BWAF up Sunday and he was more than happy to put them in the mail so that I could receive them Wed - since I leave for my trip tomorrow....

So here are some pics from the install

Here are all the pieces that you need - if you compare them to the blow out diagram above you can pick out which is which

IMG 7506

here is a pic of one side showing the order they go in.
IMG 7508

Now the toughest part of this whole process is that little metal band that is wrapped around the cylinder...replacing it
You should be able to take a socket that is as close to the same diameter as the band in and using a press or a vice push out the metal band .... I ended up having to cut the band with a hacksaw blade to remove it ... this is actually where my bushing was wore the most.

if you look below I believe this picture is after i pushed the old band out.

IMG 7509

now next you want to push the new band in - I did this using a socket and a vice
Band pushed in - you kind of have to play with the depth to get it right.
IMG 7510

Next comes what i think are alignment spacers maybe - One side slipped right in and the other had a little help with smooth jaws on vice.
IMG 7511

After both of those were installed I finished off installing the cylinder and the side UHMW washers and my shock was back to being tight

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Would you mind sharing pics of old components?
Does the large steel bushing show any where?
Could one simply replace the oiltite bushing and dust seals and call it good?

Reactions: BWAF and Mudwing
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Would you mind sharing pics of old components?
Does the large steel bushing show any where?
Could one simply replace the oiltite bushing and dust seals and call it good?
Let me see if i still ahve tonight - I should but yes there was wear on the steel bushing... it looked like the Band (think you saying this is the Oiltite bushing) was pressed out at the top and there was wear on the steel bushing from that.

I'll see if i still have an can add pics.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Let me see if i still ahve tonight - I should but yes there was wear on the steel bushing... it looked like the Band (think you saying this is the Oiltite bushing) was pressed out at the top and there was wear on the steel bushing from that.

I'll see if i still have an can add pics.
Yes, the band/bushing you pressed in looks like oil impregnated bronze aka oiltite.
I guess we don't need pics if you are confirming the large steel bushing had wear.

Reactions: BWAF and Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!