P1000 Fox shocks good price

T

tiogajoe

Aug 21, 2013
Yes. From Ron Ayers. I’m debating on going with the bandits as they are in stock. Just not a lot of info on them.
$1699 delivered. Top of my budget. Could have them next week. They look impressive?
Did u search them?
better read this found there before u buy! Hint…read all of it
Yes, read that thread. The Bandits now are piggy back on all corners. their level 4 series. The only thing I don't like is doing everything through email. Is there something negative about their product? I really wanted the Fox shocks but a this piont it could be months till they have rears. I also have reached out to 814 and have not heard back. Called several times. Sorry I won't beg to buy anything from anyone. Elka and Walker Evans are out of my price range

Reactions: Smitty335 and Scoop
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
$1699 delivered. Top of my budget. Could have them next week. They look impressive?

Yes, read that thread. The Bandits now are piggy back on all corners. their level 4 series. The only thing I don't like is doing everything through email. Is there something negative about their product? I really wanted the Fox shocks but a this piont it could be months till they have rears. I also have reached out to 814 and have not heard back. Called several times. Sorry I won't beg to buy anything from anyone. Elka and Walker Evans are out of my price range
Long story short, I waited, worried, emailed a bunch, canceled, waited more, emailed again, read up on here, finally reordered, and eventually got my QS3's. Took 10 months, but that's OK - I learned that the single rate springs will be better than the progressive rate springs and changed them out before installing. Oh, and the black springs will look better on my bike! ;).

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Sorry I won't beg to buy anything from anyone. Elka and Walker Evans are out of my price range
Who says you have to beg? Depends on what she looks like tho 🤣

Have u called Elka to see if u can get a club discount? with the bandit price your not too much further to the Elkas. Do it once not twice! The bandits are kinda an unknown chance imo for the price your paying. Not sure if u can update the springs if u dont like them or anyone that can revalve them for that matter. Elkas you can, Fox you can. Just trying to make u happy in the long run thats all

T

tiogajoe

Aug 21, 2013
Who says you have to beg? Depends on what she looks like tho 🤣

Have u called Elka to see if u can get a club discount? with the bandit price your not too much further to the Elkas. Do it once not twice! The bandits are kinda an unknown chance imo for the price your paying. Not sure if u can update the springs if u dont like them or anyone that can revalve them for that matter. Elkas you can, Fox you can. Just trying to make u happy in the long run thats all
Yah, I see what you're saying. I will give Elka a call next week. I would probably go with their stage 2. In the meantime I will keep my order in with the Fox shocks

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yah, I see what you're saying. I will give Elka a call next week. I would probably go with their stage 2. In the meantime I will keep my order in with the Fox shocks
I wish you luck with your Delma. has to suck right now. keep us posted on what you end up doing. Any question you have just ask.

T

tiogajoe

Aug 21, 2013
I have decided to get the front Fox shocks shipped so I have them in Hand. I will just wait for the rears. It's really not that urgent. I'd rather have the fronts now than have them not be available down the road. If anyone know of a set of rears.....please let me know?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
If anyone know of a set of rears.....please let me know?
Here is a right and a left

T

tiogajoe

Aug 21, 2013
Here is a right and a left

I have seen those. One for the 3 and one for the five. Two different animals from what I'm told. I don't want to mess with springs. The shock for the P5 is also a 1/4" longer.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have seen those. One for the 3 and one for the five. Two different animals from what I'm told. I don't want to mess with springs. The shock for the P5 is also a 1/4" longer.
AH sh!t ! Didnt pay atten to that. Done that twice today. My bad.
your right, they are quite differnt

Reactions: ChadD and toddvdh
T

tiogajoe

Aug 21, 2013
I just seen were Rough Country makes shocks for the Honda Pioneer 1000 ? $700 for a set of 4. Sorry don't have the Link.

T

tiogajoe

Aug 21, 2013
Front spring 250lbs/in and rears 270lbs/inch. didn't state progressive or straight rate. They did say if you put them on and do not like them no problem returning? Plus a three year warranty?

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Front spring 250lbs/in and rears 270lbs/inch. didn't state progressive or straight rate. They did say if you put them on and do not like them no problem returning? Plus a three year warranty?
They have really been watching the forum posts and FB page and they've done very well producing products for the Pioneer. That spring rate sounds about perfect if the shocks are halfway decent this should be a really good package.

Reactions: ChadD
T

tiogajoe

Aug 21, 2013
They have really been watching the forum posts and FB page and they've done very well producing products for the Pioneer. That spring rate sounds about perfect if the shocks are halfway decent this should be a really good package.
I would really like to give them a try. They have only been out a week?

T

tiogajoe

Aug 21, 2013
Got these on yesterday. They come with about 31/4" of thread showing below the lock washer. Bolted them on with no problem. I greased all my wheel bearings while I was at it. Probably 4 hours and a few beers. My machine is totally stock. They raised the machine up about 2 plus inches set as they come. This made my front tire really cambered in on the bottom of the tires. If you look at Rough Country's picture of the Pioneer on their web site, you'll notice that there is about half the number of threads showing. A call to Rough Country confirmed that you can have as little as a 1/2" of threads exposed on these shocks. BTW RC's customer service is great. Answered all my questions and returned my phone call in a very timely manner. Removed more preload on the front shocks a little at a time until my front tires looked vertical once again. This was about 13/8" of exposed threads. For now, I did the same on the rears. When I measure the ride height at the frame at the tires, the bike sits at 131/4" ride height. I'm happy with the ride quality. Firm but compliant. My Wife even commented the ride was much better than the stock shocks. they really shine on the rougher forest roads that we have around here. I do believe my 8ply quadboss 846 tires are very stiff. I'm sure there is a better riding tire for hard pack. Mine are almost ready for replacement. I feel these are a good shock and would recommend them to anyone that is looking to upgrade from the stock KYB's. Are they as good as Fox, Elka or 814's? I can't answer that. I have never ridden in a machine that had them. I can say that they are a big improvement over stock. I find myself driving faster for some reason? I'm sure as more folks get these, we'll have more info. to get the best set up. I did make a call to Rough Country and pass along my findings as far as too much preload. Good Folks to deal with.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!