P1000 Bandit UTV Shocks

hardlyworkin

hardlyworkin

Aug 5, 2016
Beckley, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone have experience with Bandit UTV shocks? They are in about the same price range as the Fox QS3 and 814 Trail Series. The reviews for other machines with them seem to be very positive.
I will be in the market to upgrade my shocks in the next few months so I'm gathering all the information I can.
Here is their website: https://www.banditutvsuspension.com/product-page/honda-pioneer-1000-5-seater

hardlyworkin

hardlyworkin

Aug 5, 2016
Beckley, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
(crickets chirp)
Apparently no one on here is running them yet.
Does anyone have any thoughts on them?
According to the website they are rebuild-able and serviceable nitrogen charged shockes.
Fronts are preload, compression, and rebound adjustable
Rears are preload and rebound adjustable

I'm no shock expert so I'm looking for thoughts and input from those with more knowledge before I drop a huge chunk of change on a set of these or another brand.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
D

DDDonkey

I looked at them but ended up with the 814's, they should be here today. I would call each and ask questions, both seem to be really good shocks.

Reactions: hardlyworkin
hardlyworkin

hardlyworkin

Aug 5, 2016
Beckley, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I looked at them but ended up with the 814's, they should be here today. I would call each and ask questions, both seem to be really good shocks.
Did you go with the trail series or dominators?

Jun 21, 2018
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think I’m gonna give the Bandits a try. It seems like they’ve done their homework on valving and spring rate. A big plus for me is they look similar to stock and aren’t flashy.

Reactions: hardlyworkin
D

DDDonkey

I think I’m gonna give the Bandits a try. It seems like they’ve done their homework on valving and spring rate. A big plus for me is they look similar to stock and aren’t flashy.
Let us know how it goes, I am liking the Vikings so far but only have a few miles. I will get 2-300 miles one them by Sunday if not more, but with all the positive comments here I don't think that i am going to have an issue,

hardlyworkin

hardlyworkin

Aug 5, 2016
Beckley, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Let us know how it goes!

I spoke with Craig at 814 and as a result I'm leaning towards the 814s. He was able to explain things in terms that I understood and could relate to.
I intend to talk to Bandit as well to do my due diligence though.

advertisement
814utvsuspension

814utvsuspension

Jun 4, 2018
Philipsburg, Pa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
The strange thing is that you get a piggy back shock for the front that is compression and rebound adjustable and for the rear you get a non piggy back shock that is rebound only adjustable. I would 100% ask why this is, sounds like the proper shock won't mount up to the rear upper mount and they just substitute whatever they have that will fit and you have to live with it.

Jun 21, 2018
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The strange thing is that you get a piggy back shock for the front that is compression and rebound adjustable and for the rear you get a non piggy back shock that is rebound only adjustable. I would 100% ask why this is, sounds like the proper shock won't mount up to the rear upper mount and they just substitute whatever they have that will fit and you have to live with it.
Per the instructions on your website, yours don’t fit either as there is grinding involved on the a-arm mount. I’m not a fan of the limiting straps either. I’m not ramping this big SOB so it’s not like I need the absolute best. I’m simply looking for something that gives me the best ride on trails and rough backroads. I don’t mind watching my wife’s titties bounce but I don’t want mine bouncing.

C

chaos19671

Feb 10, 2021
somewhere pa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I know this is an old thread, but starting to look at upgrading the shocks now. Any of you that did the Bandit UTV shocks how are they holding up. Any other feedback would be great also. Thanks

Plowboy1466

Plowboy1466

Lifetime Member
Feb 11, 2018
Ashland, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I bought the 814 3 way adjustable shocks. They're a PITA until you get them right. And then they're awesome. I'm still adjusting mine. If you want easy and good, buy fox or walker evans. I saw nothing good about the bandits. And we'll never ride a pioneer hard enough to need reservoirs. And l didn't have to grind anything. l like to be able to play with all of the adjustments. My 2 cents.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I had Bandit shocks on my 08 RZR 800 and they were a vast improvement over the stockers that were completely shot. My Talon X also has the complete Bandit spring set on it to improve the low speed ride. No complaints about either one.

Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ive owned 3 Sets of bandit shocks, definitely a better ride over stock but lets be honest almost any shock is better then the stock shocks they come with lol! I bought them because they are truly dual rate shocks and they are built for higher speed driving that I do. My latest Bandit shocks are the level 5s that are built for a general xp 4 seater but valved and sprung for the pioneer. It rides better then ever but they are much longer then factory and won't fit on a stock application.

B

Bad_Kharmah

Apr 4, 2022
DMV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ive owned 3 Sets of bandit shocks, definitely a better ride over stock but lets be honest almost any shock is better then the stock shocks they come with lol! I bought them because they are truly dual rate shocks and they are built for higher speed driving that I do. My latest Bandit shocks are the level 5s that are built for a general xp 4 seater but valved and sprung for the pioneer. It rides better then ever but they are much longer then factory and won't fit on a stock application.
What did you have to do to get this setup to work on the Pioneer? I am at the point where I'm debating whether or not to keep my Pioneer if I can't solve my suspension predicament. Like you, I ride aggressively and at a fairly high rate of speed, and my QS3's just can't keep up. I've hated the ride quality of this machine since the first day of ownership. I'd like to hear more about your setup.

I've contacted Shock Therapy to see if they'd be interested in putting something together for the Pioneer 1000, and they are open to the idea but need someone local to work with.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
What did you have to do to get this setup to work on the Pioneer? I am at the point where I'm debating whether or not to keep my Pioneer if I can't solve my suspension predicament. Like you, I ride aggressively and at a fairly high rate of speed, and my QS3's just can't keep up. I've hated the ride quality of this machine since the first day of ownership. I'd like to hear more about your setup.

I've contacted Shock Therapy to see if they'd be interested in putting something together for the Pioneer 1000, and they are open to the idea but need someone local to work with.
What a about Elka , they make each set to your specs . I have fox podium 2.0s . I love mine but they are super adjustable even the cross over rings.

Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Im running a modified Texas Tough Customs 6" Lift, with all the lift removed. I used the stock upper shock mount on the front and pushed the lower mount for the front all the way to the ball joint. The shocks are 23.5" Long. 4" Longer then factory. Rear uses the same length shock, I mounted the lower shock mount closer to the lower part of the arm and build brackets off the frame to outboard the shock and raise it nearly 5". It rides 1000% better then the stock setup. My average speed is 30-40mph in rough dirt roads.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!