P1000 Fox shocks good price

Elvis8310

Elvis8310

Jan 2, 2021
Edmond, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The springs on the OEM Fox QS3's are progressive rate springs. From what I've read, you'll be much happier with linear rate springs. Based on all my reading, I don't believe the valving is different - just the spring rates. But if you want to pay for a progressive rate spring and put it on the 1000-3 fronts, that's your choice. Search the forums - lots of owners swapping out their QS3 springs for linear rate springs.
I was not saying you were wrong. I was just stating what Fox says nothing more. I will do my reading before I buy new springs as 3P shocks are very easy to find for the front.

T

tiogajoe

Aug 21, 2013
Ordered a set today. $1383.92 for the set for my 1000P3. Any advice on adjusting Preload? I understand they come somewhat adjusted from fox? Can't stand the stock shocks.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Start by mounting them the way they come. Then spend some time reading on this site. You will figure it out. You’re gonna love them. So much info here.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I call Fox today and they have the 5P springs in stock for 60 each. They say the valving is different on the 3P shocks, would not tell me more than that.
FYI: This is the box for the front shocks for the 5P. I have the box for the ones marked 3P.

Other than being labeled for either the 3P or the 5P (likely the spring rates), the label is identical on both boxes:

"Valved exclusively for Honda Pioneer 1000"

This tells me the valving is not different between the 3P and 5P.

Would love to get a definitive answer from Honda.

Screenshot 20220901 194614 Edge

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
FYI: This is the box for the front shocks for the 5P. I have the box for the ones marked 3P.

Other than being labeled for either the 3P or the 5P (likely the spring rates), the label is identical on both boxes:

"Valved exclusively for Honda Pioneer 1000"

This tells me the valving is not different between the 3P and 5P.

Would love to get a definitive answer from Honda.

View attachment 351752
I'm not sure the answer will help you anymore than installing single rate springs based on your normal payload settings and just enjoying the ride.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I'm not sure the answer will help you anymore than installing single rate springs based on your normal payload settings and just enjoying the ride.
True. But my riding style and location may change, so ...

I do like to know details. 😀

Reactions: ChadD
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
True. But my riding style and location may change, so ...

I do like to know details. 😀
You'll probably find that 1 setting is pretty good and you'll occasionally make it softer or more firm. In the end you have preload and 3 settings for ride quality, it's definitely a noticeable difference but not something you'll change a few times per day.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
You'll probably find that 1 setting is pretty good and you'll occasionally make it softer or more firm. In the end you have preload and 3 settings for ride quality, it's definitely a noticeable difference but not something you'll change a few times per day.
Thx, @ToddACimer !

T

tiogajoe

Aug 21, 2013
Just found out today the rears are on back order! Just my luck. They do have rears for the P5 but I don't think that would work well on the P3?

Last edited:
Reactions: ChadD
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A guy on ebay has a left rear for the P3. Is there a right and left shock for the rear? Or are they interchangeable?
The rear changes the direction of the gas chamber depending on left to right. My understanding is that either way can work.

Reactions: WagginTail
T

tiogajoe

Aug 21, 2013
They are linear rate springs from Viper Spring Technologies. I've swapped them out with the OEM progressive rate springs that come on the QS3's. I have a Phantom Camo P1K5 and thought the black would look better than the red.
They look great! Looks like it could be a long time for rears to show up. I see Bandit utv has shocks for the Pioneer. Anyone have them?

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
They look great! Looks like it could be a long time for rears to show up. I see Bandit utv has shocks for the Pioneer. Anyone have them?
Did you order from Ron Ayers? They had 2 remaining sets of rears after my order on 8/23. Guess those got sold before you ordered.

T

tiogajoe

Aug 21, 2013
Did you order from Ron Ayers? They had 2 remaining sets of rears after my order on 8/23. Guess those got sold before you ordered.
Yes. From Ron Ayers. I’m debating on going with the bandits as they are in stock. Just not a lot of info on them.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Did u search them?
better read this found there before u buy! Hint…read all of it

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!