P1000 Fox Shocks LE Spring Upgrade

D

danmcph

Sep 10, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the LE Fox Shocks and want to get stiffer springs for using with 4 adults, spare tire etc. I can't find springs for this model shock, I can only find them for the standard shocks. Where can I get HD springs for the LE Fox Shocks?

Reactions: TripleB and TxDoc
AZRocks

AZRocks

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you adjusted the preload on your Fox QS3 shocks? I'd try that first. See post #43 here: Your experience with 1000-5 Fox shocks: Fox fronts/retain factory rears - The Honda Side by Side Club!

I got Eibach springs for my rear Fox QS3 shocks. The front QS3 springs are adequate for me, but I carry extra weight in the back, so I went with Eibach 1400.300.0325S Off-Road Coil-Over Springs to replace the rear fox springs. That translates to 14" length, 3" inner diameter, 325lb spring rate, silver (matching red is hard to find). I would go with 275 or 300 lb spring rate if I did it again because the 325 lb springs are slightly firm for me even in the soft shock setting.

Last edited:
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Have you adjusted the preload on your Fox QS3 shocks? I'd try that first. See post #43 here: Your experience with 1000-5 Fox shocks: Fox fronts/retain factory rears - The Honda Side by Side Club!

I got Eibach springs for my rear Fox QS3 shocks. The front QS3 springs are adequate for me, but I carry extra weight in the back, so I went with Eibach 1400.300.0325S Off-Road Coil-Over Springs to replace the rear fox springs. That translates to 14" length, 3" inner diameter, 325lb spring rate. I would go with 275 or 300 lb spring rate if I did it again because the 325 lb springs are slightly firm for me even in the soft shock setting.
I got the same brand, length and inside diameter as u but I got the 300lb spring. Ive had them on for 6 months and I'm happy so far. About $100 each.

Reactions: BWAF and Smitty335
J

jakewolf1

Apr 27, 2019
Ventura, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Curious how much preload you are running with the Eibach springs? I just put them on mine. I am running about 1 inch from the lock ring to the black top piece on the shock.

I got the same brand, length and inside diameter as u but I got the 300lb spring. Ive had them on for 6 months and I'm happy so far. About $100 each.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Curious how much preload you are running with the Eibach springs? I just put them on mine. I am running about 1 inch from the lock ring to the black top piece on the shock.
I'm not really sure. I kept adding preload until I had 12.5 inches of ground clearance. If I remember when I get through hunting tomorrow, I will measure it.

J

jakewolf1

Apr 27, 2019
Ventura, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks a lot. Good luck hunting.
I'm not really sure. I kept adding preload until I had 12.5 inches of ground clearance. If I remember when I get through hunting tomorrow, I will measure it.

AZRocks

AZRocks

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
An inch is probably just right. Mine are at just over an inch, measured the same way. But no matter what spring rate you are running, it's more about the sag. You should adjust the preload to get about 30% sag. The Fox QS3 shocks have a travel length of 6.1". 30% of 6.1 is 1.8". Measure the length of the spring with the car loaded with a typical amount of running weight. Then lift the wheels off the ground and measure the spring length. The springs should extend 1 3/4 to 2" when lifted. My rear springs measure 11" with weight on the wheels, and 12 3/4 when jacked up. That's close to 30% sag. I'll take whatever ground clearance that gives me, which in my case is about 14" from the bottom of the lower control arm bracket.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
An inch is probably just right. Mine are at just over an inch, measured the same way. But no matter what spring rate you are running, it's more about the sag. You should adjust the preload to get about 30% sag. The Fox QS3 shocks have a travel length of 6.1". 30% of 6.1 is 1.8". Measure the length of the spring with the car loaded with a typical amount of running weight. Then lift the wheels off the ground and measure the spring length. The springs should extend 1 3/4 to 2" when lifted. My rear springs measure 11" with weight on the wheels, and 12 3/4 when jacked up. That's close to 30% sag. I'll take whatever ground clearance that gives me, which in my case is about 14" from the bottom of the lower control arm bracket.
Dito!

J

jakewolf1

Apr 27, 2019
Ventura, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Really helpful. Exactly how I setup my mountain bike suspension.

advertisement
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the LE Fox Shocks and want to get stiffer springs for using with 4 adults, spare tire etc. I can't find springs for this model shock, I can only find them for the standard shocks. Where can I get HD springs for the LE Fox Shocks?
I will happily trade my stiffer deluxe OE shocks for your fox shocks :)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!