Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I agree with @Cuoutdoors. Very little other then air comes in, we’ve been at speed through some deep snow and it’s never been an issue.
360B545C AF65 4C3A 8CDB 6E3C1675AD41

In heavy snow with the rig working you’ll definitely have plenty of heat because of the fan.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I agree with @Cuoutdoors. Very little other then air comes in, we’ve been at speed through some deep snow and it’s never been an issue.
View attachment 172034

In heavy snow with the rig working you’ll definitely have plenty of heat because of the fan.

That's a pretty cool picture! I've always thought the white machines look great!

B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 172034

that rig looks great, what cab is that?

Reactions: Biteme
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
that rig looks great, what cab is that?
Custom build. When we wanted a hard enclosure years back no body made one yet and I wouldn’t really have had the cash at the time so I just built one.

Reactions: Biteme and TripleB
B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Custom build. When we wanted a hard enclosure years back no body made one yet and I wouldn’t really have had the cash at the time so I just built one.
I tried this today, worked good. lots of heat, minimal snow, ,alittle but not bad, who knows when grandkids start driving,ha,I added a couple old mudflaps to act as sort of a schroud. cheap quick and seemed to work good.I also welded a couple wings on the bolts I took out so it will be quick to take on and off.

IMG 6224 IMG 6225

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I tried this today, worked good. lots of heat, minimal snow, ,alittle but not bad, who knows when grandkids start driving,ha,I added a couple old mudflaps to act as sort of a schroud. cheap quick and seemed to work good.

View attachment 172220 View attachment 172221
Nice one! I’ll bet that does work well good thinking. You’ll be in t-shirts when that fan comes on lol

B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice one! I’ll bet that does work well good thinking. You’ll be in t-shirts when that fan comes on lol
well after the grandkids used it,the verdict was alot of heat comes out of there,the tracks throw a lot of snow on corners and my not so sealed cab lets alot of snow sift in, they all agreed it was warm in there anyway.thanks for the heads up on this free heat, Merry Christmas all on Honda SXS Club!

P

PioneerDuluth

Mar 28, 2018
Duluth, MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I tried this today, worked good. lots of heat, minimal snow, ,alittle but not bad, who knows when grandkids start driving,ha,I added a couple old mudflaps to act as sort of a schroud. cheap quick and seemed to work good.I also welded a couple wings on the bolts I took out so it will be quick to take on and off.

That's a great idea!

MikeyXX

MikeyXX

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2019
Oro-Medonte, Ontario, Can
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where exactly is that access panel again? The picture was good to show it but I can't then click it it grasp of where it is. Start up front under the dash near the floor? what does it give you access to?

B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5

this should help more, added a couple flaps to stop direct airflow

Freeheater1 IMG 6227

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Where exactly is that access panel again? The picture was good to show it but I can't then click it it grasp of where it is. Start up front under the dash near the floor? what does it give you access to?
Sit in the middle seat and kick your feet forward, right there. Two 5mm hex bolts take it off.

Reactions: Biteme and TripleB
T

Tommyp

Dec 2, 2017
Covington La
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Could you not install a vent that could be closed off when not needed? Like a automotive a/c vent that You can direct it where you want or close it off.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!