1. 1000-5
B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
At least 5.
got vent in free heater. with fan override I get heat on demand and can shut it too.Nice

IMG 6467 IMG 6469 IMG 6468

1101HotDog

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2019
Fargo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
can you post a picture of the panel your talking about,Im in ND and my icecrusher heater isnt cutting it. air doesnt feel very warm,thanks
I'm in beautiful sunny, tropical ND also. I'm in the middle of a build on a 18 P5 that is being set up for ice fishing. It seems like there are 2 different was to plumb a heater - one is use hose out of oil cooler (Honda spec) and the other is to tie into upper radiator hose. Which application did you use? Did you use the Max stat thermostat too?

This is my first time posting on this site, although I've tried to filter as much usable information out of all the chatter.

B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm in beautiful sunny, tropical ND also. I'm in the middle of a build on a 18 P5 that is being set up for ice fishing. It seems like there are 2 different was to plumb a heater - one is use hose out of oil cooler (Honda spec) and the other is to tie into upper radiator hose. Which application did you use? Did you use the Max stat thermostat too?

This is my first time posting on this site, although I've tried to filter as much usable information out of all the chatter.
I used the upper and lower radiator hose, no I dont have the max stat.

T

TrailBlazer1000

Sep 7, 2019
Freeland, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is a great idea. I live in Michigan and have a full canvas enclosure on my Pioneer 1000-5. Do you think it's enough to heat my whole cab? Also are you concerned with your fan burning up? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: ChadD
T

TrailBlazer1000

Sep 7, 2019
Freeland, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Reactions: ChadD
Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What size is your vent and where did you get it?
The picture he posted in post #38 looks like these.
edit to add
The shipping cost from dyersonline was over $8, so I just ordered mine from amazon.
I plan on painting it black anyway, so the color doesn't matter.
Have a good day

Last edited:
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Can I do this on my 2020 pioneer?
You CAN do it, but from what I'm told, it's not going to provide enough heat when the temps get below the "cold" they typically experience in the mid-states and above. If all I had to do was open the front access panel to heat my cab through Michigan winters, I wouldn't be in the middle of installing the Ice Crusher in-dash heater right now.

FYI: I literally ran a heater duct from the heater to that access panel and am putting a 2" vent for it there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lady01
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You CAN do it, but from what I'm told, it's not going to provide enough heat when the temps get below the "cold" they typically experience in the mid-states and above. If all I had to do was open the front access panel to heat my cab through Michigan winters, I wouldn't be in the middle of installing the Ice Crusher in-dash heater right now.

FYI: I literally ran a heater duct from the heater to that access panel and am putting a 2" vent for it there.
We’ve been down to 10 below with it out, windshield/roof only most of the time and it helps drastically! With a cab it’ll cook you. Gets cold here, lol. Now with that said it works better with a little speed where a heater without a cab doesn’t do much at more speed.
Plus in all honesty it takes 2 5mm hex bolts to take out, it’s not like it costs anything not more then :30 seconds to try it out.

Last edited:
toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
We’ve been down to 10 below with it out, windshield/roof only most of the time and it helps drastically! With a cab it’ll cook you. Gets cold here, lol. Now with that said it works better with a little speed where a heater without a cab doesn’t do much at more speed.
Plus in all honesty it takes 2 5mm hex bolts to take out, it’s not like it costs anything not more then :30 seconds to try it out.

I agree. I just had a windshield, roof, and rear window and it is plenty of heat for me. Dress like you are snowmobiling and you will be plenty warm. I'm thinking with my cab now it will be plenty of heat.

It's a free mod to try, if it's not enough heat than adding a heater is a little more $$

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Dress like you are snowmobiling and you will be plenty warm.

No thanks. If I wanted to dress like I'm riding a snow machine, I might as well ride a snow machine! ;)

I'm thinking with my cab now it will be plenty of heat.

Hard cab? You should def have better luck. Let us know how it works out.

Reactions: Lady01
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
No thanks. If I wanted to dress like I'm riding a snow machine, I might as well ride a snow machine! ;)

Hard cab? You should def have better luck. Let us know how it works out.
It’s very warm with hard cab, we were in t-shirts, actually quit using the cab.

oldaker201

oldaker201

Nov 30, 2021
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
ordered a fan override from the store, should be great for the free heater.!

What is a fan override? Interested in doing this project

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!