P500 Front Brakes

hambone

hambone

Mar 14, 2015
Southeast Indiana
Hey All,
Anyone have front brake pad life issues?
700 miles and the front pads are smoked. Weird because I don't think I use the brakes much.
It is about like my Rubicon as far as brake usage goes.
Any thoughts?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
I had heard that issue on a few facebook pioneer sites so I went and bought all new pads, front and rear. Went to change them and hardly any wear. I was surprised living in the hills of PA and having our glorious red clay. :)

R

Rubicon2

Apr 16, 2015
Had a squeal last week...720 miles, pulled front wheels and pads were completely worn out.. Didn't think I was hard on the brakes.. Maybe the lil 13 yr old needs some training on downshifting.. Anyway, weird thing is the Honda pads are over 150 bucks..Same part # as the 700's.. Figured a 700-4 weighed a lot more than the lil p5... Even weirder is the new p1000 pads are half the price.. And dual piston calipers too... Gotta be bigger.. Anyway, Just put a set of $18 pads off eBay on tonite.. Didn't want to... But I'll check them every 100 miles and see how they hold up... I'll be watching my braking habits for sure... Wonder why the p1000 pads are so much less?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!