P700 Front Caliper Sticking

Gb63

Gb63

Aug 28, 2018
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey all....Has anybody had to change front calipers or rebuild them. One of mine is sticking on occasion. Just trying to find the best out. Honda wants like $300 a piece for theirs....

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
take it off pop the cylinder out clean it up put it back in if no scarring. i use a hydraulic shop around me to swap the seals out. i dont know if we have a rebuild kit for these or not.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gb63 and Mudwing
H

HEK

Jan 22, 2020
Avery,Tx
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey all....Has anybody had to change front calipers or rebuild them. One of mine is sticking on occasion. Just trying to find the best out. Honda wants like $300 a piece for theirs....
My 2017 right front was sticking at 3453 miles/430 hrs.Got a full set of Niche for about $47 at Walmart.com.Put 1276 miles on them so far.Problem was slide pins were mostly dry. I removed small nicks with Scotch-brite,put some brake lube on pins and the rest is history

Reactions: Mudwing
Gb63

Gb63

Aug 28, 2018
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 700-2
My 2017 right front was sticking at 3453 miles/430 hrs.Got a full set of Niche for about $47 at Walmart.com.Put 1276 miles on them so far.Problem was slide pins were mostly dry. I removed small nicks with Scotch-brite,put some brake lube on pins and the rest is history
I pulled the calipers and greased the pins and slide contact areas. Also worked the piston in and out a few times. No sticking as of now...we'll see how long it last....

MikeG

MikeG

Dec 30, 2017
Baton Rouge LA.
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well, caliper started sticking again. I removed it and tried to work it free with c clamp and air...seized up. Replaced with new one$$$$.....all is good now.
Mine was sticking and I just rebuilt it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!