P1000 Front- end alignment

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So is it mainly toe and not camber caster that is the problem with front tire wear?
Yes. Front toe is the only adjustment available. Camber and caster are not adjustable on these machines. (Unless aftermarket A arms with this provision are installed).

Reactions: Smitty335
H

HappyCamper

Feb 15, 2020
Wyo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did the same thing Montana. Almost 8000 miles on mine had the tires rotated once. All 4 are wearing the same. I'm about due for another rotation and will have the alignment checked at that time. I'm running Maxis Bighorn lite truck tire they made all the difference in the world in ride and handling.
Where did you find your tires? I can't find the two sizes needed.
Thanks

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I went to our local dealer and the shop foreman took the time to show me the best method. The steering wheel comes shipped in the crate with the machine and the dealer usually looks at the front tire on the drivers side and gets it straight and puts the wheel on, so don't use the steering wheel as a guide.
I counted the threads shown on the tie rod, at the nut, and adjusted them equally until it looked close upon inspection, standing back and looking at the front.
I now took 2 pieces of string and 2 jack stands and tied the string on the rear hitch and brought the string around the back tires and up past the front tires and tied it to the jack stands. Move the jack stands in and out until the strings just starts to touch the front of the rear tire, now you can measure off of the wheel on each side to get your toe in. The string needs to be in the center of the wheel to be accurate.
Now remove your steering wheel with a 19mm and center it, start the machine and turn it left to right and check your center to center lock.
Fast forward to 2022 and we are still having to do this adjustment straight from the factory.
Oh well, I guess as some implied that this is done “out of safety” maybe it’s also done to get us familiar with our machines. LoL

• Haha

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!