P1000m5 Front end squeak! HELP!!

R

rossjames155

Dec 16, 2016
North Jefferson state
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The front end of my p1k is squeaking like crazy and I CAN NOT figure out where it is coming from!! It creaks really bad when you turn and rocking the bike side to side. I've geased the shocks, and a-arms. Still creaking bad. Anyone had this issue?!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Lube the springs where they rest against the upper and lower seats. Do this with the vehicle jacked up so the springs are decompressed.

If that doesn’t get it, it’s probably a ball joint. You can stop ball joints from squeaking by using a syringe with grease. Just puncture the rubber boot. Sure you’re putting a hole in it but if it’s squeaking then it’s life is already ending anyway. The small hole isn’t going to let much dirt in anyway. It will buy some time.

Reactions: BigOL3 and swsebek

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!