Front Recovery Spot?

S

Shiyuki

Jul 19, 2020
EDMONTON
Ownership

1. Talon X
Anyone know a good way to get a strap safety to pull out machine if stuck. Have the Honda steel front bumper.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Put on a winch and also fab up a shackle to your winch mount.

Reactions: Mudwing
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Anyone know a good way to get a strap safety to pull out machine if stuck. Have the Honda steel front bumper.
Never tow or pull from any suspension part. The strongest (and easiest to get to) part up front is the stock bumper, just below the upper frame on either the left or right (never pull on the top of the bumper)...

This is also where your owner's manual says to strap the machine down during trailering...

S

Shiyuki

Jul 19, 2020
EDMONTON
Ownership

1. Talon X
I need it for if i get stuck. What are people doing for adding something to the front to pull out.

H

HondaTech

Never tow or pull from any suspension part. The strongest (and easiest to get to) part up front is the stock bumper, just below the upper frame on either the left or right (never pull on the top of the bumper)...

View attachment 215656

This is also where your owner's manual says to strap the machine down during trailering...

View attachment 215658

I wouldnt pull from the stock front bumper, its weak as heck.

Last edited:
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I wouldbt pull from the stock front bumper, its weak as heck.
I would disagree with that statement for 4 reasons.
1) Honda tells you to tie it down there. They would not do that if it was "weak", the liability would be enormous.
2) It is not weak if you use the pull point I mentioned but it is not as strong as the frame.
3) I would much rather the bumper bend than the frame when trying to pull a machine out.
4) I have bottomed out many times in the sand and bent the s*** out of a stock bumper and it has never broken a weld or mount bolt.

Reactions: Moab_Marty
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I need it for if i get stuck. What are people doing for adding something to the front to pull out.
I use my winch which is attached to the upper vertical square tubes on the front bumper. I have used a tree saver strap wrapped around the bumper tube where I pointed out to pull my buddy out a couple times.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!