P500 Fuel pump life

J

jimhutch43

Feb 6, 2016
Cranbrook, BC, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
How many miles can a 500 travel before the fuel pump needs to be replaced? I have about 10,000 km's (6,300 Miles) and get back in the outback a long ways and would hate to have a fuel pump crap out. I could be looking at 5/6 hours of hoofing to get out.

Reactions: TxDoc
Mkmcdnl

Mkmcdnl

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 19, 2020
Osburn Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
How many miles can a 500 travel before the fuel pump needs to be replaced? I have about 10,000 km's (6,300 Miles) and get back in the outback a long ways and would hate to have a fuel pump crap out. I could be looking at 5/6 hours of hoofing to get out.
not that this is an exact answer but I had a 350 rancher that I sold with 32000 miles and was on the same fuel pump. Also had a 300 4x4 with 39000. Was on the original pump and running fine when i sold it.
Rocky mountain ATV has a rebuild kit for $62.95 i believe made by all balls that has good reviews.
Hope this helps and best of luck.

Reactions: TxDoc and Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!