WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I run regular 87 with ethanol. I add star tron fuel treatment to it though. Been doing this for five years or so with all my small engine stuff and the pioneer. Haven't had any issues. I figured it up one time and it was cheaper than buying ethanol free gas also.

KevP700-4

KevP700-4

Mar 27, 2021
Northern MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
I run regular 87 with ethanol. I add star tron fuel treatment to it though. Been doing this for five years or so with all my small engine stuff and the pioneer. Haven't had any issues. I figured it up one time and it was cheaper than buying ethanol free gas also.
Star Tron is a good fix. We also use stabil or the like when storing or limited use with the rec gas. Rec gas doesn’t solve the varnish issues with old fuel no matter what type.

Bow4life

Bow4life

Supporting Member
Mar 5, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Forgot to mention I also run sea foam in every gallon of small engine fuel I buy, with the exception of my generator and chain saw fuel. I treat those with the 5 in 1 advanced stuff made by briggs and stratton. It's fairly spendy but lasts up to 3 years. I can vouch for it. I change the fuel in my generator every 2 years and have yet to experience a fuel issue and I've been doing that for 8 years. I also write the date on my fuel cans when I fill them so i can keep track of fuel age. If it lasts longer than 3-4 months I just dump it in my truck and get new. Untreated fuel is only good for about 30 days before it starts to degrade. I'm sure this sounds like alot but I very seldom have fuel issues with equipment, and I have 20 (last time I counted) pieces of equipment powered by small engines.

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
E-free premium with fuel stabilizer.

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anything with a carburetor gets ethanol free treated with Sea Foam. Anything fuel injected gets regular E-10.
Kind of a PITA filling the 1000-5 with a 5 gallon jug. I took the seat off so I could rest the jug on the framework.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's called marked premium here. 89 octane with a red dye. E-free. Probably the same as what some of you are calling rec gas. Mine never sits long so I've never had any problems.

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
This has probably been addressed somewhere in the forum but i was wondering what grade of fuel are you guys running in your 1000-5’s? Thanks
93 octane sunoco with stabil in all 4 stroke no problems.

Reactions: Montecresto

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!