Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After camping this weekend and seeing a blackstone griddle being used and the food from it, I’m convinced that I need to add it to my camper vs the small grill I have. Especially since virtually all my camper food could be made on it. I rarely make steaks when camping and that’s something that will never be done for me on a griddle (can’t stand a pan fried steak or on a griddle).

Wondering what everyone is using if at all?

I’d really, really like to buy a made in America griddle but I’m having a hard time either confirming it or finding them. Portability is important too..I’d like to be able to stow it in my camper basement.

Also see the value in this one, however it reminds me of my old Coleman road trip grill I got tired of lugging around.

Really like to find an American made portable, but it’s not looking promising.

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I carry a 2 burner Blackstone griddle and a small round pot Weber with modified short legs and it all fits in a Contico tool box with a bag of Royal Oak charcoal, I have a thin piece of aluminum that I lay on top of tool box and use it to hold cooker works great, griddle works good for most things Weber pot makes up for the rest,,,,,
Df579699 59cd 4a07 a0e8 5c528622ffc5 1b640b3ac2fd0198e62864ae6c6641f23

S

Sr56

May 6, 2019
Murfreesboro
I have a 36” Blackstone at home and a 36” Rhino at the cabin. Both have been excellent for the features they offer.

Get the largest one you can transport if you plan to take camping. You can never have too much real estate when it comes to a flat top cooker.

With the 36” you can cook everything you need to at the same time and it will keep you busy unlike a smaller size. Great for all types of meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have one that I got from Walmart - it is the 17” that has one burner ... we set it up on the deck here and use almost every night.
@GlockMeister recently bought one like you have pictured and used it on a ride ...

I prefer the cast iron griddle for cooking bacon but for cooking burgers was great.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I carry a 2 burner Blackstone griddle and a small round pot Weber with modified short legs and it all fits in a Contico tool box with a bag of Royal Oak charcoal, I have a thin piece of aluminum that I lay on top of tool box and use it to hold cooker works great, griddle works good for most things Weber pot makes up for the rest,,,,,
View attachment 204586
Cool idea!

I mostly want it to get everything outside cooking wise and by extension my kids as well.

Really looking forward to doing up Philly cheesesteaks etc. IE the things that are much harder to do on a grill or in a pan.

I’ve seen the 17”....it just seems so small and limited. I’m thinking that 2 burners would give some flexibility.

You’re right about the grill...it’s only a bag away. Since most of the campgrounds in my area already have pits with a grill grate, All I’d need to do is bring the bag/fire wood if I really wanted to grill.

Last edited:
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the replies so far!

It seems that Blackstone is the setup to get....does it really matter?

I’m still unsure if the one I pictured at Walmart is American made....I suspect it isn’t as the label suggests that it’s managed by Blackstone imports. I know the Blue Rhino isnt.

The other difference I can see is that the Blackstone has a true H burner while the Blue Rhino has more of a J burner...not quite a U shape. How much it matters on a unit of this size I dunno.

Reactions: Cuoutdoors
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the replies so far!

It seems that Blackstone is the setup to get....does it really matter?

I’m still unsure if the one I pictured at Walmart is American made....I suspect it isn’t as the label suggests that it’s managed by Blackstone imports. I know the Blue Rhino isnt.

The other difference I can see is that the Blackstone has a true H burner while the Blue Rhino has more of a J burner...not quite a U shape. How much it matters on a unit of this size I dunno.
The physical difference I notice between the Walmart version and the other Blackstone version is where the grease trap is... on the Walmart version it hangs on the back ... on the other version it is up front in a pull out drawer....

Reactions: Vikes79
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After camping this weekend and seeing a blackstone griddle being used and the food from it, I’m convinced that I need to add it to my camper vs the small grill I have. Especially since virtually all my camper food could be made on it. I rarely make steaks when camping and that’s something that will never be done for me on a griddle (can’t stand a pan fried steak or on a griddle).

I’d really, really like to buy a made in America griddle but I’m having a hard time either confirming it or finding them. Portability is important too..I’d like to be able to stow it in my camper basement.

Also see the value in this one, however it reminds me of my old Coleman road trip grill I got tired of lugging around.

I bought this exact setup last month and have used it a few times now. I really like it. It is portable...but does take up some real-estate when packing a truck. The stand is nice. I was originally going to get the 17" and stand but this was a far better deal...plus you get the tank adapter. If you do get one take the time to season really well....just like cast iron the better the season the less sticking youll have.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3

I've been on the hunt for one too. Im wanting something for the RV. People that have the Blackstone really rave about them. I'm torn between the Blackstone and a small portable smoker grill like the treager. I don't have room for both so I think I'm leaning toward the Blackstone since it can do a lot more. Keep my bacon grease and such outside the camper. I suppose I can throw in some charcoal for the times I need it.

Side note. Last weekend I was grilling brat burgers over charcoal. I soaked a 4" chunk of hickory in water and threw it on the charcoal when I put the burgers on. Damn they were good!

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been on the hunt for one too. Im wanting something for the RV. People that have the Blackstone really rave about them. I'm torn between the Blackstone and a small portable smoker grill like the treager. I don't have room for both so I think I'm leaning toward the Blackstone since it can do a lot more. Keep my bacon grease and such outside the camper. I suppose I can throw in some charcoal for the times I need it.

Side note. Last weekend I was grilling brat burgers over charcoal. I soaked a 4" chunk of hickory in water and threw it on the charcoal when I put the burgers on. Damn they were good!
Originally was looking for this one. The grill side didn't have great reviews though.

Reactions: Cuoutdoors
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Looks like everyone so far is a blackstoner, I must be the only Camp chef fan.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Been looking at the 17" Blackstone for a while to keep on the toyhauler. Seems to be very popular. Probably gonna pull the trigger but also keep my small grill.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!