P1000 Gas pedal option

I

IRIDERED

May 22, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wanted to share what I did to address the "problem" with the gas pedal location on my 1000-5. The change resulted in getting the pedal to a MUCH more comfortable location and eliminated leg fatigue. It also made throttle management a breeze, no more jerky starts at low speeds on rough ground!
It was as simple as this:
  • Remove brake pedal
  • Remove gas pedal
  • Use angle grinder to cut two 1/4" "reliefs" - one on the back side of the pedal shaft, and one on the front near the pedal itself. Be careful when making the cuts not to go all the way through, the idea is to notch it and then bend the pedal shaft to close the gaps created from the cuts.
  • Weld pedal shaft where cuts were made and re-install.
Once I decided how I wanted to do it, the process took about 2 hours to complete and made a world of difference. The change resulted in 2 1/2" of difference in height between brake and gas pedals and allows you foot to rest comfortably.
Hope this helps for anyone else that may be looking for an option.

20201015 201724 20201015 204249 1602937157526 20201015 212602 20201015 215314

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IRIDERD,
You may be well aware of it, but the Throttle Maxx is a commercially available option.

You did a great job on your project with a result that accomplished a solution to for your personal needs.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Biteme
I

IRIDERED

May 22, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IRIDERD,
You may be well aware of it, but the Throttle Maxx is a commercially available option.

You did a great job on your project with a result that accomplished a solution to for your personal needs.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
I had looked at it but wasn't crazy about the cocept or cost. This resulted in keeping factory appearance and saved $70. Thanks for compliment!

D

dook

Aug 24, 2020
montana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks for the info TxDoc. The first minute I sat in my Pioneer and took off I realized the foot throttle was not ergonomically designed. I bought a shaft drive machine because I don't like the CVT lunge when you take off, but the P1K lunged because the throttle spring is so stiff that by the time I got it to move it moved too far. I was thinking of replacing the return spring with a softer one, but your suggestion about changing the angle makes sense.

Reactions: Biteme and TxDoc

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!