P1000m5 Gearing when pushing and pulling

S

Skjerv40

May 14, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Been trying to get a little work out of my 1000-5 And not just play. I’ve been pulling a drag on my driveway and a pull-type brush mowerein the ditches. It’s got plenty of power but the unit seems to rev really high and be geared too low in low range. I seem to have the hang of manual low and like the option of shifting up in auto mode, but I am worried it will get a bit tiresome when I push snow with it this winter. I have the clutch update Installed. Am I missing a trick or something To my method?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Been trying to get a little work out of my 1000-5 And not just play. I’ve been pulling a drag on my driveway and a pull-type brush mowerein the ditches. It’s got plenty of power but the unit seems to rev really high and be geared too low in low range. I seem to have the hang of manual low and like the option of shifting up in auto mode, but I am worried it will get a bit tiresome when I push snow with it this winter. I have the clutch update Installed. Am I missing a trick or something To my method?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know what you mean. You'll learn the machine as you go. I've never cared to plow snow on the 1000 compared to the 700 or an atv. But I've got a smaller driveway. Low 2 and 3 I find best. Don't be afraid to let it rev.

Reactions: BWAF