P1000m5 Gearing when pushing and pulling

S

Skjerv40

May 14, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Been trying to get a little work out of my 1000-5 And not just play. I’ve been pulling a drag on my driveway and a pull-type brush mowerein the ditches. It’s got plenty of power but the unit seems to rev really high and be geared too low in low range. I seem to have the hang of manual low and like the option of shifting up in auto mode, but I am worried it will get a bit tiresome when I push snow with it this winter. I have the clutch update Installed. Am I missing a trick or something To my method?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Been trying to get a little work out of my 1000-5 And not just play. I’ve been pulling a drag on my driveway and a pull-type brush mowerein the ditches. It’s got plenty of power but the unit seems to rev really high and be geared too low in low range. I seem to have the hang of manual low and like the option of shifting up in auto mode, but I am worried it will get a bit tiresome when I push snow with it this winter. I have the clutch update Installed. Am I missing a trick or something To my method?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know what you mean. You'll learn the machine as you go. I've never cared to plow snow on the 1000 compared to the 700 or an atv. But I've got a smaller driveway. Low 2 and 3 I find best. Don't be afraid to let it rev.

Reactions: BWAF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!