Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Since this post seems to be about Real Feedback I'd like to post...

I went from a 2015 RZR XP 1000 to my P1K-5. My RZR never gave me any issue, however i was worried about longevity. I didn't like the timing chain noise at start up... I was hoping the P1K would be a problem free cross between Trail and sport. Upon my first day I looked the machine over, closely. I've adjusted the doors, however they still rattle. I'm afraid that the rear doors will break off if someone leans on them.... There is no comparison between the RZR doors that use metal for support. I'm shocked that there is NO metal shields between the engine and the seat I sit on... No wonder it gets hot! What would happen if the engine through a rod? Would I get hit by a flying rod? ... The plastic wheel wells will easily break with the right hit... Am I protected? Why did Honda NOT stand behind water ingested engine blows, then release a fix? This is ridiculous. At least Polaris fixed their issues at NO cost to me!! I think my Honda rides good for what it is... I'm not happy with how it pushes in corners. This I feel is dangerous... I love how smooth and quite it is at slow speeds! This is very useful for cutting trails!! With all the clutch issues that have been reported, can my Honda plow snow and survive? Will Honda blame me if it fails? Seems to me they said it can tow 2000lbs and carry 1000 in the bed. I paid 20k for my Honda and accessories, so I tend to get a bit emotional when I think about the short comings it has. I found comfort with hearing that Honda would release fixes after the fact, however I've lost hope because there's been nothing done. I spoke with Honda Customer Service a few times and left the phone call feeling like Honda believes the failures are abuse. Have you guys seen what people put RZRs through? My Honda would last 10mins with that type of abuse.... Yes, I'm disappointed with this product. It has some strengths that I mentioned, however they don't make up for the poor engineering and ridicules Customer Service comments. The anger on this forum is getting more traction and it's NOT the fault of the people venting. They / we just want what we paid for and we're all shocked that it's a Honda product.

2016 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is the 'getting real' thread. Difficult as it is doing so!!

AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I went from a 2015 RZR XP 1000 to my P1K-5. My RZR never gave me any issue, however i was worried about longevity. I didn't like the timing chain noise at start up... I was hoping the P1K would be a problem free cross between Trail and sport. Upon my first day I looked the machine over, closely. I've adjusted the doors, however they still rattle. I'm afraid that the rear doors will break off if someone leans on them.... There is no comparison between the RZR doors that use metal for support. I'm shocked that there is NO metal shields between the engine and the seat I sit on... No wonder it gets hot! What would happen if the engine through a rod? Would I get hit by a flying rod? ... The plastic wheel wells will easily break with the right hit... Am I protected? Why did Honda NOT stand behind water ingested engine blows, then release a fix? This is ridiculous. At least Polaris fixed their issues at NO cost to me!! I think my Honda rides good for what it is... I'm not happy with how it pushes in corners. This I feel is dangerous... I love how smooth and quite it is at slow speeds! This is very useful for cutting trails!! With all the clutch issues that have been reported, can my Honda plow snow and survive? Will Honda blame me if it fails? Seems to me they said it can tow 2000lbs and carry 1000 in the bed. I paid 20k for my Honda and accessories, so I tend to get a bit emotional when I think about the short comings it has. I found comfort with hearing that Honda would release fixes after the fact, however I've lost hope because there's been nothing done. I spoke with Honda Customer Service a few times and left the phone call feeling like Honda believes the failures are abuse. Have you guys seen what people put RZRs through? My Honda would last 10mins with that type of abuse.... Yes, I'm disappointed with this product. It has some strengths that I mentioned, however they don't make up for the poor engineering and ridicules Customer Service comments. The anger on this forum is getting more traction and it's NOT the fault of the people venting. They / we just want what we paid for and we're all shocked that it's a Honda product.

As far as the pushing in the corner goes, have you checked the front end alignment? I've read several posts where some owners had handling problems and then found the alignment way off. They set the toe-in and reported it handled much better. BTW, another symptom of mis-alignment was the bad tire wear some experienced. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 0860silverado
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Getting real. I've adjusted the door latches, and bed latch. Set the alignment and toe in. Inconvenience time=30 min. Heat was never unbearable, but slightly uncomfortable for my full time middle seat passenger. Fix was a 3 dollar foil windshield sunshade. At the recommended service intervals I replaced the diff fluids with 75/90 amsoil. Gear noise is nearly non-existent. The seat does kind of suck, but not nearly as much as calling State farm to tell them my rzr burnt to the ground. Yes, I paid 17k for an imperfect machine. I also paid 30k for a Dodge Durango that has a Hemi motor that likes to eat exhaust manifold bolts, brake pads and gas. I have bought countless imperfect vehicles in the course of my lifetime and so have you. Part of the love of the hobby of all things with wheels is we modify them to suit our own individual tastes, tolerances, and desires. Monte loves his ranger, you couldn't give me one. I've got a friend with a rzr that wouldn't be caught dead riding red. This is the most pointless thread, everybody is going to have a different experience with their machine based on their own senses, locations, uses and riding conditions. "Getting Real" my family spends 4-7 hours at a time in our Pioneer, covering up to 130 miles a day, nearly every single week. It rides smooth, shifts perfect, is quiet, reliable and quick. My passengers are aged 12 years down to 5 months minus adults. There will always be someone complaining about whatever they can to get attention.

L

Luv4Chaos1

Aug 1, 2016
Pinckney, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As far as the pushing in the corner goes, have you checked the front end alignment? I've read several posts where some owners had handling problems and then found the alignment way off. They set the toe-in and reported it handled much better. BTW, another symptom of mis-alignment was the bad tire wear some experienced. Hope this helps!

Thank you! I aligned the front end. I found it severely toed out. (1.5") This did help with the push, however it still there. I think it's just the weight and the type vehicle it is. Maybe tires?

Reactions: JTW and AZhunter
L

Luv4Chaos1

Aug 1, 2016
Pinckney, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Since Polaris came up on this Honda post I would like to point out how they did the right thing.... some people put leaking gas cans in the cargo area of their RZR. The cans leaked on to the exhaust, which caused fires. Because Polaris cares and is a good company they brought the product back and installed shields over the exhaust, at ZERO cost to the customer. Now many will say "They were forced into it". I don't personally know the truth, but they also gave me a $1000 for my trouble. I'm sure they weren't forced into that.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's easy to be the top seller when everybody is trading their machines every year due to piss poor reliability. I know countless folks that are putting new top ends in their motors at less that 1k miles. Front ends worn out at 500 or so miles, every single Polaris model, including atv's is under a fire hazard recall. If y'all are so in love with Polaris they have a forum too. Go there. You wanna "Get Real" then let's do just that. Less than 10% of the Pioneer owners on this page have had ANY issues with their rig, of that 10% I'm going to be generous and say 5% are whiny brats that would complain about a wet dream. The other 5 have genuinely chronicled their issues and posted solutions, dealership reactions, and outcomes. If you find a perfect ATV/UTV on the market at any price, please let all of us know. I betcha won't though.

tundraman

tundraman

Oct 26, 2015
Well if your Honda burns to the ground you call them a liar and ban them from the site. This helps in keeping Honda reliability up.

I got banned from Tundratalk for buying a new F150 and saying it's a better truck than the Tundra. Way too much brand defending going on. I just want to hear the good, bad and ugly about a product in case I decide to buy one. You don't remain the class leader by making junk. I will definitely check out the new Ranger 1000 before I buy my P1000 eps. Always looking to upgrade to a better product when it's time to get something new. I prefer Honda as I have had over a dozen of their cars. My Tundra was great too but I am always looking for the best bang for my buck regardless of manufacturer.

J

JTW

Well if your Honda burns to the ground you call them a liar and ban them from the site. This helps in keeping Honda reliability up.

I got banned from Tundratalk for buying a new F150 and saying it's a better truck than the Tundra. Way too much brand defending going on. I just want to hear the good, bad and ugly about a product in case I decide to buy one. You don't remain the class leader by making junk. I will definitely check out the new Ranger 1000 before I buy my P1000 eps. Always looking to upgrade to a better product when it's time to get something new. I prefer Honda as I have had over a dozen of their cars. My Tundra was great too but I am always looking for the best bang for my buck regardless of manufacturer.
Does that mean you'll be changing your screen name?

Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's easy to be the top seller when everybody is trading their machines every year due to piss poor reliability. I know countless folks that are putting new top ends in their motors at less that 1k miles. Front ends worn out at 500 or so miles, every single Polaris model, including atv's is under a fire hazard recall. If y'all are so in love with Polaris they have a forum too. Go there. You wanna "Get Real" then let's do just that. Less than 10% of the Pioneer owners on this page have had ANY issues with their rig, of that 10% I'm going to be generous and say 5% are whiny brats that would complain about a wet dream. The other 5 have genuinely chronicled their issues and posted solutions, dealership reactions, and outcomes. If you find a perfect ATV/UTV on the market at any price, please let all of us know. I betcha won't though.
I guess no one has the right to report their experience but you. Must be nice to be all knowing while the rest of us are just whining to get attention.

advertisement
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I guess no one has the right to report their experience but you. Must be nice to be all knowing while the rest of us are just whining to get attention.
If that's the way you choose to interpret my statement, then so be it. There has already been about a million threads covering all the above mentioned issues. It's getting tiring of it popping up on the feed every other day. We all already know the issues. We also know where Honda stands on it. It is what it is. If you like the machine, fix the things that bother you and move on. If not, trade it. It's just that simple.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Agreed to the 'nth degree!!!

L

Luv4Chaos1

Aug 1, 2016
Pinckney, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

You're sure spouting off numbers! Let's see your data..... Since you probably can't provide real data then sir, you have an opinion! An opinion that I disagree with! I'm sure ALL Polaris models aren't under a recall! And I'm sure that 10 to 5% of folks on here aren't just whining! Your personal attacks are unfounded! Please allow me to voice my opinion about the products that I've purchased and to point out the differences. I have BOTH a 2017 RZR XP TURBO and a Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe (I also had a 2015 RZR XP1000, with NO issues), which I believe gives me the right to speak on THIS forum!

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I like my Pioneer but not as much since my trip to CO.
I was out in CO the same week as Jbird and I now exactly what he is talking about, around the farm I love my Pioneer but running around in the mountain with a 2017 Ranger XP1000 that end up dragging me off Flag Mountain and out performed my Pioneer got my attention.

I am talking REAL not complaining just telling it like it is!!!!!!!

1 Stock Ranger suspension gave a little better ride then my Pioneer with Fox's not allot but still a better ride
(anybody want to buy a set of Fox shocks with about 200 miles on so I can buy Elka's 5's to compete with the Ranger LOL )

2 at home no heat problem above 10,000 feet it was getting uncomfortable not unbearable, Ranger no heat problem but silly net doors

3 the Ranger was a little quieter and it was easier to hold a conversation in then my Pioneer

4 even in low range and stock tires my Pioneer still would not goes as slow as a Ranger in low range

5 power not a lot of difference but the Ranger still got the nod.

Am I now a Polaris lover?

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Just got back from 15 days of riding trails in the mountains of Colorado. Really showed the short commings of our P1000-5. Not enough suspension combined with a seat that feels like 1/2" foam on a piece of 3/4" plywood beat the hell out of us. We now have 1190 miles on this unit and that wonderful "dual clutch" transmisission still clanks like hell when it shifts. Must say it compliments the rattling doors and dump bed. The seat heat is ridiculous even in the cool mountain air. Yea, many of these problems can be jury rigged but this begs the question why after paying this much money should we have to fix Honda's poor engineering? Maybe this is why we saw 50 new Razors for every Pioneer. Yea, I have heard about all the maintenance nightmares with Polaris. The funny thing is that with all the Razor owners we talked to none of them have experienced all the problems we hear about. Most of them were repeat buyers. We are retired so we will have to make the best of our purchase but my reccomendation to prospective buyers is to research other brands. All of this from a previous Honda believer who has owned multiple Honda dirtbikes, atvs, lawn mowers, autombiles, weed eaters, and generators. All great products until this Pioneer.
Were in Colorado were you?

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You're sure spouting off numbers! Let's see your data..... Since you probably can't provide real data then sir, you have an opinion! An opinion that I disagree with! I'm sure ALL Polaris models aren't under a recall! And I'm sure that 10 to 5% of folks on here aren't just whining! Your personal attacks are unfounded! Please allow me to voice my opinion about the products that I've purchased and to point out the differences. I have BOTH a 2017 RZR XP TURBO and a Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe (I also had a 2015 RZR XP1000, with NO issues), which I believe gives me the right to speak on THIS forum!

Google is your friend as far as the recalls. And belonging to a club in Illinois that had about 40 Rzrs from 570 to 1000xp's I'm drawing on personal experience.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pretty sure he is referring to the "real" opinions being reported. I'm guessing all the happy owners have been lying to the world?? I've been very happy with my purchase since Jan 16. Assuming the happy owners (including me) are being less than "real" is ridiculous. Those Polaris recalls are real enough.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Pretty sure he is referring to the "real" opinions being reported. I'm guessing all the happy owners have been lying to the world?? I've been very happy with my purchase since Jan 16. Assuming the happy owners (including me) are being less than "real" is ridiculous. Those Polaris recalls are real enough.

Careful, you are in danger of being drug down by the glass is half empty group. And I am certain you will be beaten by thier experience in negativity.

L

Luv4Chaos1

Aug 1, 2016
Pinckney, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

No one is saying that some people aren't happy or aren't real. I simply wanted to voice my opinion without someone jumping up in my grill defending their Honda. My opinion is as good as anyone's on here. I suppose bring other manufacturers into this discussion will somehow make the Honda short comings better...

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!