Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Lmao, that's funny dude. :D

Takes a humble bow :) I always try to bring humor to any of my posts!

Don't want to start a new thread on this but I've been meaning to post this picture of an interior light. I use them on the back of my topper for my truck and they are expensive, $24.99, but some double stick tape and so far it hasnt fallen off and it's extremely bright, MUCH brighter, as you can see by the post, than the ones they sell made for UTV, which is a waste of money to me.

I put three AAA batteries in it when I bought it a year and a half ago and so far have not had to replace them and I do quite a bit of night riding around my property!

IMG 5931

IMG 5933

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I plan to fix or work around the things I don't like about my P1K-5 and I am glad I have it. Mine has been 100% reliable so far even with the clanks, whine, door rattles, heat, hard seat, and primitive front shocks. I like the way it looks and it turns heads. But I still think Honda would do well to let their engineers spend two weeks in Colorado in one of these things. The potential is there but the execution falls a little short. I will report honestly about it as time goes on and if that offends the fan boys, the truth is it's own defense. Oh, and Colorado is awsome.
Best just fix it and keep it to yourself Jay. :D:D

Reactions: sharp
Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I would think you could just put some straight thin metal on the edges and it would act as a catch so the wood didn't fall into the engine bay. I might be dumbing this down too much but thats my first thought.

Actually that's not a bad idea. There's no fear of it dropping IN to the compartment because, well, it's just impossible. But sliding forward when you hit the brakes was my concern but it never happened. But putting up edges on the outside and having it "sit" comfortably inside of it all is probably a pretty good fix I didn't think of!

Being a redneck, well, being a coon ass redneck, well, being a dago, coon ass redneck, the dumbing down has always worked for me!

Reactions: sharp and nbomar
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Actually that's not a bad idea. There's no fear of it dropping IN to the compartment because, well, it's just impossible. But sliding forward when you hit the brakes was my concern but it never happened. But putting up edges on the outside and having it "sit" comfortably inside of it all is probably a pretty good fix I didn't think of!

Being a redneck, well, being a coon ass redneck, well, being a dago, coon ass redneck, the dumbing down has always worked for me!

I am pretty creative with some ideas, execution is my downside. Heck I was annoyed as All get out today doing an oil change. Got it done but it ticked me off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I am pretty creative with some ideas, execution is my downside. Heck I was annoyed as All get out today doing an oil change. Got it done but it ticked me off.

Was it the spin on filter that frustrated you? :D

Last edited:
Reactions: X4Dice and sharp

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well my machine sat in shop for 5 months of first year getting clutches replaced twice under warranty. But I didn't spend 200 posts in countless thread complaining about it to anyone who would sympathize. Instead I tried my best to figure out how to avoid a repeat. Thats real.
Twice under warranty? Great dealer you have. I bought the $640.00, 3 year additional, unlimited mile warranty and my dealer warned me that Honda was only good for one clutch claim. I've been using it as least as possible hoping that an aftermarket company will come out with something that will hold up. FWIW...I did see something online about clutch rebuild kits for the P-1000. It was an aftermarket company. They may even be made in America. (I'm pretty sure Honda clutches are imported from China which would explain why there are so many differing stories on clutch performance.) I do know that Honda small engines (for the last 12 years) are just generic Chinese engines with a Honda sticker on 'em. Made by Lifan. Same manufacturer as Harbour Freight engines. Ugh...the thought of my $18000.00 machine having a Chinese engine/tranny and possibly other important bits makes me wanna puke.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Twice under warranty? Great dealer you have. I bought the $640.00, 3 year additional, unlimited mile warranty and my dealer warned me that Honda was only good for one clutch claim. I've been using it as least as possible hoping that an aftermarket company will come out with something that will hold up. FWIW...I did see something online about clutch rebuild kits for the P-1000. It was an aftermarket company. They may even be made in America. (I'm pretty sure Honda clutches are imported from China which would explain why there are so many differing stories on clutch performance.) I do know that Honda small engines (for the last 12 years) are just generic Chinese engines with a Honda sticker on 'em. Made by Lifan. Same manufacturer as Harbour Freight engines. Ugh...the thought of my $18000.00 machine having a Chinese engine/tranny and possibly other important bits makes me wanna puke.
Can you by chance support the claim that Honda small engines are made by Lifan????

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I never road or drove anything or then the new Le with fox 3.0 shocks, is there that big difference?

The LE I have rides great I think ..o_O

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Say Chinese one more time lmao.... Honda engines are designed and built in Japan.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

You don't have to puke if you own a Honda.

Honda/Suzuki/Kawasaki - Japan

Mahindra/Yamaha - India

Polaris - Mexico since 2014, US previous.

John Deere/Arctic Cat - US

CF MOTO/Hisun/Massimo/Yamaha - China

Reactions: 0860silverado
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Been sitting back watching this thread and y'all know I'm going to say something. :)
1) It's an off road vehicle not an air conditioned office with a lazy boy chair. The fun offered by the package outweighs the minor drawbacks. It's an awesome machine.
2) I've done a couple of things to reduce the heat under the seat by installing the flexible barrier and I've removed the plastic cover under the dump body, over the engine. Both helped a little.
3) Does anyone that's been complaining ride a motorcycle? Dayyum if you want heat, ride a blacktop road when it's 90+degrees! My point here is we kept riding even though the sweat was running down your back. It was a good time and not worth complaining about.;)
4) Y'all are looking at it wrong. Look at the Honda like the proverbial water glass... It's half full not half empty.
Enjoy the ride!:cool:

L

Luv4Chaos1

Aug 1, 2016
Pinckney, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I plan to fix or work around the things I don't like about my P1K-5 and I am glad I have it. Mine has been 100% reliable so far even with the clanks, whine, door rattles, heat, hard seat, and primitive front shocks. I like the way it looks and it turns heads. But I still think Honda would do well to let their engineers spend two weeks in Colorado in one of these things. The potential is there but the execution falls a little short. I will report honestly about it as time goes on and if that offends the fan boys, the truth is it's own defense. Oh, and Colorado is awsome.

It is a very nice looking SXS!!

2016 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe.

Reactions: 0860silverado
L

Luv4Chaos1

Aug 1, 2016
Pinckney, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Takes a humble bow :) I always try to bring humor to any of my posts!

Don't want to start a new thread on this but I've been meaning to post this picture of an interior light. I use them on the back of my topper for my truck and they are expensive, $24.99, but some double stick tape and so far it hasnt fallen off and it's extremely bright, MUCH brighter, as you can see by the post, than the ones they sell made for UTV, which is a waste of money to me.

I put three AAA batteries in it when I bought it a year and a half ago and so far have not had to replace them and I do quite a bit of night riding around my property!

View attachment 50786

View attachment 50788

How do you turn it on or off? Push on the lense?

2016 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Can you by chance support the claim that Honda small engines are made by Lifan????
I just researched it. From what I understand, the Chinese government requires manufacturers to share facilities. Chinese Honda engines are made in the same facility as Lifan engines using the same tooling/castings etc. The parts are completely interchangeable. Honda had to send out warnings to some of their dealers against using Lifan branded parts to repair a Honda engine. Same parts made on the same assembly line, 1/4 of the price but it doesn't have the Honda sticker on it. (I couldn't make the link work, I'm not computer savvy). BTW...from Lifan, you can get Honda GX160 engines for $55.00 a piece!!! But you have to order at least 50.

Reactions: ohanacreek
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just researched it. From what I understand, the Chinese government requires manufacturers to share facilities. Chinese Honda engines are made in the same facility as Lifan engines using the same tooling/castings etc. The parts are completely interchangeable. Honda had to send out warnings to some of their dealers against using Lifan branded parts to repair a Honda engine. Same parts made on the same assembly line, 1/4 of the price but it doesn't have the Honda sticker on it. (I couldn't make the link work, I'm not computer savvy). BTW...from Lifan, you can get Honda GX160 engines for $55.00 a piece!!! But you have to order at least 50.

Maybe small engines made IN China for use in China with option to export, Commie country. Powersports motors for use/sale in US are by the list I sent earlier.

Addition : Harley V-Rod motors were made by Kawasaki since Harley had neither the tools nor know how to engineer and produce a water-cooled engine.

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Based out of our friends cabin in Creede. We road Batchelor Loop, Stony Creek, climbed Bristol Head, all the trails above Love Lake, and part of Alpine Loop above Lake City. We rode the trail out of Lake City to Silverton till it became a roll over threat.

Out of curiosity where did you feel you had a roll over threat. I did 500 miles up there including the complete loop with a 2 yr old on board and never even came close to feeling that way.. almost all those trails are pretty tame - tame enough for a jeep

Reactions: Tramguage1

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!