drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Maybe small engines made IN China for use in China with option to export, Commie country. Powersports motors for use/sale in US are by the list I sent earlier.

Addition : Harley V-Rod motors were made by Kawasaki since Harley had neither the tools nor know how to engineer and produce a water-cooled engine.
Had one the first year they came out.

Reactions: sharp

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Maybe small engines made IN China for use in China with option to export, Commie country. Powersports motors for use/sale in US are by the list I sent earlier.

Addition : Harley V-Rod motors were made by Kawasaki since Harley had neither the tools nor know how to engineer and produce a water-cooled engine.
V-Rod engines are actually made by Porsche, not Kawasaki. It was a joint development between Harley and Porsche. But thank you for easing my mind on Honda powersports engines. I was cringing at the thought of having a pot metal engine in my P1K!!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Just because something is made in China doesn't automatically mean it's junk. There are different levels like anywhere and they have the ability to smoke most countries in quality. With America the way it's been in some aspects of quality control I think I'd rather the sxs be assembled there. The Pioneer is assembled here using Jap motors I'll bet there would be far less over torqued or loose equipment if assembled there as well

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just because something is made in China doesn't automatically mean it's junk. There are different levels like anywhere and they have the ability to smoke most countries in quality. With America the way it's been in some aspects of quality control I think I'd rather the sxs be assembled there. The Pioneer is assembled here using Jap motors I'll bet there would be far less over torqued or loose equipment if assembled there as well
That's true. I'm 50 years old and as a kid growing up if it said "Made in China", you were assured it was absolute trash so it's gonna take a while for that bad taste to leave my mouth. But even iPads and iPhones are made in China so...

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Been sitting back watching this thread and y'all know I'm going to say something. :)
1) It's an off road vehicle not an air conditioned office with a lazy boy chair. The fun offered by the package outweighs the minor drawbacks. It's an awesome machine.
2) I've done a couple of things to reduce the heat under the seat by installing the flexible barrier and I've removed the plastic cover under the dump body, over the engine. Both helped a little.
3) Does anyone that's been complaining ride a motorcycle? Dayyum if you want heat, ride a blacktop road when it's 90+degrees! My point here is we kept riding even though the sweat was running down your back. It was a good time and not worth complaining about.;)
4) Y'all are looking at it wrong. Look at the Honda like the proverbial water glass... It's half full not half empty.
Enjoy the ride!:cool:

Could not have said it better. Especially point 3. Even my old 650 Vstrom would absolutely cook me in the summer here in SC ... even with the most ventilated gear I could find!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ohanacreek
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's true. I'm 50 years old and as a kid growing up if it said "Made in China", you were assured it was absolute trash so it's gonna take a while for that bad taste to leave my mouth. But even iPads and iPhones are made in China so...
Fully agreed. Manufacturing is manufacturing just trying to keep it real

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand

On a similar vein, Toyota 5.7V8 (3UR-FE) engines are used in 200 series Land Cruisers and Tundras. The Land Cruiser engines are built in Japan and the Tundra engines are built in the US. Guess which ones the Toyota fanboys (and I am one) prefer?

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Been sitting back watching this thread and y'all know I'm going to say something. :)
1) It's an off road vehicle not an air conditioned office with a lazy boy chair. The fun offered by the package outweighs the minor drawbacks. It's an awesome machine.
2) I've done a couple of things to reduce the heat under the seat by installing the flexible barrier and I've removed the plastic cover under the dump body, over the engine. Both helped a little.
3) Does anyone that's been complaining ride a motorcycle? Dayyum if you want heat, ride a blacktop road when it's 90+degrees! My point here is we kept riding even though the sweat was running down your back. It was a good time and not worth complaining about.;)
4) Y'all are looking at it wrong. Look at the Honda like the proverbial water glass... It's half full not half empty.
I was waiting for it.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
V-Rod engines are actually made by Porsche, not Kawasaki. It was a joint development between Harley and Porsche. But thank you for easing my mind on Honda powersports engines. I was cringing at the thought of having a pot metal engine in my P1K!!!

You're right I was thinking Germany, but when I double checked it the first results said Kawasaki so I went with it, should've triple checked.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
On a similar vein, Toyota 5.7V8 (3UR-FE) engines are used in 200 series Land Cruisers and Tundras. The Land Cruiser engines are built in Japan and the Tundra engines are built in the US. Guess which ones the Toyota fanboys (and I am one) prefer?

True Japanese manufacturing throughout the last 40 years has been among the best the world has ever seen and probably will ever see. Not just machinery but electronics like Hi-Fi audio equipment. Sadly, they seem to be doing what the rest of the world is doing and outsourcing to the 3rd world for cheap labor. Pioneer brand Hi-Fi was premier in the late 70s. Now it's Walmart crapola.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I hear ya. And I know you guys are tired of hearing me gripe so I'll tamp it down. But thanks for letting me vent my frustrations. I actually do ride a motorcycle. The heat never bothered me or even crossed my mind because I know it's from the asphalt. The Honda heat pisses me off because it's coming from the machine itself that Honda should've prevented in the design. Ok...NOW I'm done lol.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hear ya. And I know you guys are tired of hearing me gripe so I'll tamp it down. But thanks for letting me vent my frustrations. I actually do ride a motorcycle. The heat never bothered me or even crossed my mind because I know it's from the asphalt. The Honda heat pisses me off because it's coming from the machine itself that Honda should've prevented in the design. Ok...NOW I'm done lol.

I know when I rode my Harley, I wasn’t worried about the asphalt burning me (unless I went down) I was worried about the exhaust and engine heads burning me... all engines build heat. My Honda really bothered me last summer. This summer it hasn’t really bothered me at all. I barely use the fan anymore. I’m not sure what has changed. Even my wife was completely fine riding around at mulberry a few weeks ago in the mid-high 90’s for the entire day. Slow crawling too... not high speed air blowing in your face riding.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
They need to at least fix the steam issue in my eyes kids especially shouldn't have to worry. I think maybe Honda needs to do a warm weather package that easily installed even as an accessory. It's cheap and super easy to fix the heat issue but that would allow people who aren't mechanically inclined an option. less heat is a selling point!
We all ride in 100 deg temps reguardless but it's nicer to be a bit cooler

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I just researched it. From what I understand, the Chinese government requires manufacturers to share facilities. Chinese Honda engines are made in the same facility as Lifan engines using the same tooling/castings etc. The parts are completely interchangeable. Honda had to send out warnings to some of their dealers against using Lifan branded parts to repair a Honda engine. Same parts made on the same assembly line, 1/4 of the price but it doesn't have the Honda sticker on it. (I couldn't make the link work, I'm not computer savvy). BTW...from Lifan, you can get Honda GX160 engines for $55.00 a piece!!! But you have to order at least 50.
I have Honda motors in three generators, a pressure washer, a log splitter, a 2" water pump, a lawn mower and a 4 stroke weed eater. If any or all of those motors are made anywhere other than Japan, including China, then Honda of Japan must be enforcing the same high standards at the foreign manufacturing facilities as at home, because I won't buy anything else, such is my satisfaction with their product. Probably going to prove to be the same with the engines in my P5, P7and P1K. But none of that speaks to the unbearable heat coming up thru the seat, the fact that the wheels are splashing water into the intake on the P1K, prompting Honda to come up with a remedy but requiring me to pay for it, nor the worthless shocks that are on the P7 and P1K. All costs that are necessary to have a decent sxs.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
But none of that speaks to the unbearable heat coming up thru the seat, the fact that the wheels are splashing water into the intake on the P1K, prompting Honda to come up with a remedy but requiring me to pay for it, nor the worthless shocks that are on the P7 and P1K. All costs that are necessary to have a decent sxs.
Images

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Now wait a minute! That's a design feature put there so you don't need to pack TP ... just hit a puddle and voila, steam cleaned

That was my only b**** was the first puddle we hit and not expecting that. Learned quickly the importance of a towel or rolled up shirt. Worked just fine then

Reactions: sharp and elkaholic
elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
That was my only b**** was the first puddle we hit and not expecting that. Learned quickly the importance of a towel or rolled up shirt. Worked just fine then

Yes, mine too. I am sure once I get the VIRB working, my videos will feature lots of "wohoo hoo hoo" noises as I am reminded with every puddle.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!