P1000 Getting Real

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes, mine too. I am sure once I get the VIRB working, my videos will feature lots of "wohoo hop hoo" noises as I am reminded with every puddle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VIRB? Enlighten me please.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I'm looking forward to seeing your videos sir.

Assuming that was meant for me ... according to UPS, I have once again been at work when my driver showed up
181FB529 3769 40DB 8F51 9E7D468769A0 29254 00002259D5FFA5E7

But there is a box at my house. Perhaps I can get a test video up this weekend

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Assuming that was meant for me ... according to UPS, I have once again been at work when my driver showed up
View attachment 50824

But there is a box at my house. Perhaps I can get a test video up this weekend

If I was expecting a package from the brown truck I'd call in sick so I could be there to accept it.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I guess I must not be riding hard enough, I don't really think the shocks are all that bad? I guess I have little basis for comparison though.

Compared to the 700 the 1000 suspension is incredible, compared to a sport machine the shocks suck, it is relative.
I am upgrading to Fox in the future.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I guess I must not be riding hard enough, I don't really think the shocks are all that bad? I guess I have little basis for comparison though.
I was and still am impressed with the P1K suspension. For reasonable trail speeds even with 5 people, the ride is comfortable with only the occasional suprise bottoming the fronts. I suppose if a person wants to charge tarblinded not slowing for any hazard they will quickly dissapoint. The P1K is closer to the ox than a gazelle for weight vs. suspension. But that Ox sure can haul a load easiliy.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Now wait a minute! That's a design feature put there so you don't need to pack TP ... just hit a puddle and voila, steam cleaned

Is that like a steam bidet??

Reactions: moparornocar
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was and still am impressed with the P1K suspension. For reasonable trail speeds even with 5 people, the ride is comfortable with only the occasional suprise bottoming the fronts. I suppose if a person wants to charge tarblinded not slowing for any hazard they will quickly dissapoint. The P1K is closer to the ox than a gazelle for weight vs. suspension. But that Ox sure can haul a load easiliy.
Other than the chop sand we have in some places, which would be uncomfortable in a helicopter. I've managed to bottom it quite a few times with a full load of people, but I kind of expect that out of a sxs with a 2500lb curb weight loaded.

Reactions: oilslick
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just because something is made in China doesn't automatically mean it's junk. There are different levels like anywhere and they have the ability to smoke most countries in quality. With America the way it's been in some aspects of quality control I think I'd rather the sxs be assembled there. The Pioneer is assembled here using Jap motors I'll bet there would be far less over torqued or loose equipment if assembled there as well
Very true - the product get made to spec and often the cheep junk you are referring to has reduced specs to hit a target cost but all of that is determined by the company that contracts with the factory. I am in the home category and I will testify not all items of equal retail are specked out equally.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I feel the exact same way. I've never complained about my suspension. The front has bottomed out twice in over a year. Most all my play riding is either through mud puddles or over large rocks. Guess I'm lucky cause aftermarket shocks are crazy priced.

Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Out of curiosity where did you feel you had a roll over threat. I did 500 miles up there including the complete loop with a 2 yr old on board and never even came close to feeling that way.. almost all those trails are pretty tame - tame enough for a jeep
We came to a place about 10-12 miles in that was very narrow with no apparrent way around. It was a very deep washed out V on an uphill with the left side a sheer face with no way to span the gully. Could have been due to it raining every afternoon for 7 or 8 days. There might have been a way around that we didn't see because we had passed a jeep on our way up that was coming from Silverton.

Last edited:
Reactions: moparornocar

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!