WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Upload 2017 10 25 8 38 9

Some may not like it but it works for me.

Space in middle has a velcro attached cover for colder rides. Space allows air pressure to stop dust vortex in cab, can look through it when whole machine is covered in mud. Glass cleans with a sqeegie(even in mid-ride yeah!) - and water and NO SCRATCHES. After the XMAS ride it would have looked like hell!!! Just ask CumminsPusher about what his brand new one on the Yammy looks like already in only one week. It's just two pieces of Laminated Glass cut to fit cage angle and secured with industrial grade velcro from Lowes-velcro holds it great and it does NOT come loose. Even a thump from a tree only put very minor cracks in passenger corner with basically no reduction in visibility and no glass flying anywhere. Any glass shop can cut this to your own design. Naugahide cover strips offer lots of flexibility for different riding conditions-remove or relocate with same velcro type that's holding the glass-very customizable for each person's preference. I have a piece at the top to stop cold air coming in. I did have to sew the velcro to the naugahide since it did not stick to it all that good. Hood comes off without removing anything. Larger and smaller pieces of glass can be switched by simply relocating mirrors. Bow/gun holder clamps under lower piece during hunting season.
Total cost - about $75 and about three hours counting fiddling with the layout/design and sewing.

WB

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
View attachment 56912

Some may not like it but it works for me.

Space in middle has a velcro attached cover for colder rides. Space allows air pressure to stop dust vortex in cab, can look through it when whole machine is covered in mud. Glass cleans with a sqeegie(even in mid-ride yeah!) - and water and NO SCRATCHES. After the XMAS ride it would have looked like hell!!! Just ask CumminsPusher about what his brand new one on the Yammy looks like already in only one week. It's just two pieces of Laminated Glass cut to fit cage angle and secured with industrial grade velcro from Lowes-velcro holds it great and it does NOT come loose. Even a thump from a tree only put very minor cracks in passenger corner with basically no reduction in visibility and no glass flying anywhere. Any glass shop can cut this to your own design. Naugahide cover strips offer lots of flexibility for different riding conditions-remove or relocate with same velcro type that's holding the glass-very customizable for each person's preference. I have a piece at the top to stop cold air coming in. I did have to sew the velcro to the naugahide since it did not stick to it all that good. Hood comes off without removing anything. Larger and smaller pieces of glass can be switched by simply relocating mirrors. Bow/gun holder clamps under lower piece during hunting season.
Total cost - about $75 and about three hours counting fiddling with the layout/design and sewing.

WB
I thought that worked out awesome. Even took the tree hit like a champ, great job on that idea:)

Reactions: Miss_Oak
WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Thanks CP. I feel if we're gonna play hard then our mods should be able to be fixed when we tear 'em up....CHEAP!!! LOL.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks CP. I feel if we're gonna play hard then our mods should be able to be fixed when we tear 'em up....CHEAP!!! LOL.
Like I mentioned up camping I hate plastic I'm not the guy that buys it then complains about scratches because I know what's coming. But needed something fast after riding with ya on Tuesday night at 10 degrees lol. I'll probably do something along the same lines as you come Springtime, hell we broke a corner off that Superatv windshield anyways, they just aren't made for beating against trees

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
I didn't know it was 10. Must have had enough antifreeze in me. LOL.

Remember - we decided to narrow it up a 1/4" on each side when you make yours - makes it harder to reach the trees for beating:p.

Reactions: CumminsPusher

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!